1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so frickin happy (or: it will be ok, kids)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ava505, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ava505

Out Status:
    Some people
    This post is 50% to tell you that you, as an LGB+ person, really will meet other LGB+ people. You really will date. You really will fall for someone who likes you back.

However, I have to admit that this post is just 50% me freaking out about how happy I am right now:roflmao:

So about a month ago, I worked up the courage to message this really lovely person (he/she/they pronouns). I'd met them a few times while rollerskating (derby gals ftw!) and I thought they were super cute, so I decided to message them and ask them for their number. We texted back and for a few weeks and I learned that they also like girls!! So, we decided to go on a first date(!)

We've gone out 4-5 times and I have to say that I've never felt like this before. I spend all day wishing I could be with them. I can't focus on my schoolwork at all because I can't stop thinking about them. Whenever I'm around them, I have to hold myself back because I want to constantly tell them how wonderful they are, how beautiful they are, and how much I like them. Kissing them makes my knees weak and my hands shaky. They're ridiculously easy to have a conversation with - in fact, every time we've gone out, we've planned to be home in 2-3 hours and actually returned after 5-6! This is so different from any time I've liked anyone else. I've had crushes before, but this is so much more intense. I'm way more attracted to them than I ever have been to a boy, and for the first time, having feelings for a non-male person is not making me worry about my identity! I'm so happy to be with someone that I like so, so much that I don't care if it means that I'm gay/bi/pan/blah blah blah.

It will get SO much easier. I promise. Sometimes we can get too wrapped up in worrying about labels and attraction and our rating on a Kinsey scale. It's nice to sometimes remember that what it all comes down to is love <3 :kiss:

Anyway, I feel like such a dork for posting this, so I'm going to go now. I just really wanted to tell some people who understand!

#1 ava505, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad it's going so well for you! :slight_smile: Congrats on finding someone, they sound lovely!

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    congrats!! he/she sounds super nice and I hope this will be a succesfull relationship
    hugs