1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hobbes, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, back at the beginning of the year I met this really amazing guy online, and we met up. It turned out that our relationship grew over the following couple of months. However, the last time we got together was about a month and a half ago. We still text and send each other Snapchats every now and then, but I'm worried that all this is coming undone. We are both in the closet and we can never find time to met up anymore.

Any advice?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe one or both of you are not ready for a relationship or you have lost interest. Why don't you ask to set up a new meeting?

3. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something similar has happened to me, and it's definitely an issue that you two are both not out yet. Also, busy schedules, transportation issues, and other factors may contribute to your not being able to meet up.

I met this girl last year, and we met up once. Though she showed interest and we had a great time, she is super busy (she's at the top of her high school junior class in our extremely competitive school district). I am quite busy, too, and she has a messy inbox and cannot keep track of anyone's messages. Thus, we haven't contacted each other for several months, but that doesn't really mean anything.

From experience, I know that people tend to worry over such things, but when certain factors come into play for sure, you cannot accurately attribute your frustrations to someone's fault or to sheer lack of interest.

4. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you message every day each other, then you shouldn't worry about it, besides- it's just a month, not a year. You'll find time for meeting each other, just be patient, nothing comes in a second, but if you're truly worried about this- text him about that, texting and talking are the most effective ways to solve problems what have occured.
    Wish you luck and don't be afraid to talk about your problems with your crush. :thumbsup:

#4 Hieron, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  5. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you everyone for your advice, I still have yet to do anything. But, I'm taking it all under consideration and I will post about it on my blog here if any of you are interested.

6. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

Yes, please keep us updated. Success stories are nice to hear. Hopefully this friendship will grow into something meaningful for both of you.

What are the barriers preventing you from spending more time with him? You sound a little hesitant to get involved, but I'd advise finding ways to "test the waters" with him to check and see if he's the same interesting guy you originally met. Like your sig says you have to eventually act on your impulses.