1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Again...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JKing86, Apr 21, 2016.

1. JKing86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey EC! I've been extremely busy so I haven't had time to post anything. But I'm back and will try to post regularly. Now on to business.

I've mentioned my friend L on here before so you can visit my other posts for further context.
    We've progressed very well as friends since my last post, but now I don't exactly know how to feel. At one time, I could confidently say that he was simply a boy I liked that also happened to be my best friend. But so much has happened with him over the past few months that those feelings have probably gotten stronger, whether I like it or not.

Not sure if I mentioned I before, but we said "I love you" to each other about 5 months ago. It was somewhat in jest, but I can tell that we both really meant it, at least in a brotherly/friendly way. However, he's gone through a lot of changes over the last few months as far as his family and school are concerned, which have led to us becoming even closer (And more "I love you").He's often told me that I'm one of his only real friends, which has caused me to become increasingly protective of him. On the less emotional side of things, the physical/sexual attraction is obviously still there because, well, he's beautiful. And if you can make me say that about you, then I really mean it lol.

I say all of this to say that it may have reached a breaking point today. He asked if he could come over and hang out for a while before work. We sat and talked for a while, and then he had to change into his work clothes (which he did right in front of me as usual) and leave. I walked him out to his car, and he pulls me into a hug and tells me he loves me before leaving.I wasn't exactly prepared for this, and I was still rather uh.. excited from the view I got walking behind him to his car, if you catch my drift. The question isn't whether he's straight or not, because I know he only likes girls. Nevertheless, the one-sided sexual tension is killing me. Without going into too much detail, I think about him ALL the time. I feel like a helpless puppy around him, especially when there's physical contact. For a while I had thought that the more lovey-dovey feelings had faded, leaving only the physical ones. However, it appears that they've only gotten worse (or better, however you want to look at it) as the more sexual feelings grow stronger. Has anyone else here felt like this? Did you get over it? Any help/sharing of stories would help, even though I feel that there isn't much of a "solution".

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Wow! Sounds uncomfortably familiar to me.

There was a guy a bit like L (and/or maybe a bit like you as well) for me in high school. We said 'I love you' once to each other, in a sort of jokey/friendly way. He said that, even though I didn't have any other friends really (something he could tell I had lied about to him), he really valued me as a friend and thought I was a great guy. I had the same problem - the same kind of dreams and feeling like a puppy around him - and only started to get over him when we both left high school and didn't see each other for half a year.
    I have to say that I really regret not making more of an effort to stay in touch and meet up - to make him feel as valued as he made me feel (he probably wouldn't need it like I did though).

Reading your post again, I can see a lot of similarities between me and L as well, so my advice would be to stay good friends because that relationship is good for both of you. You have a great, honest friendship and I don't want to hear of it ending poorly like mine! So whether you just work through it or you make an effort (somehow) to not have a crush on him, make sure you keep that bond; for his sake too.

Best of luck,
    Connor

P.S. If you have any questions for me or want to chat, just say :slight_smile:

#2 Connorcode, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016