1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get over someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Can1mex, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Can1mex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So there is this guy I have had a crush on for over a year. I am pretty shure he is at least bi; and at one point attracted to me. But that's not why I'm posting. Well we actually became pretty good friends but every once and a while we wouldn't talk for a week or two. And every time I thought he wasn't interested anymore we started talking again. But I have tried to talk to him recently but to no avail. So I have finally decided that it's not meant to be.

This is where things get difficult for me, I think about him often albeit less then when we were talking but still a lot. I haven't even been in a relationship and have actually avoided them just in case there was a chance. I go to his social media profile often. I've tried deleting him on social media but I always end up adding him back; are you starting to see a pattern?

I guess my main question is how the hell can i get over him? I have never had trouble with this in the past and can't seem to figure out why this is so hard now. Any advice is welcome.

2. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, there's an easy answer about why you're feeling so ''hard''- that's because you have big feelings to him. 3/4 of threads guys and girls are not sure why their crushes are becoming distant. Well, there's an answer- if you're not talking about your problems with your crush, you can't believe that everything will be fine.
    I suggest you to talk with him and make things clear for you both. Maybe he is feeling the same, but he's not brave enough to say that. From your post I definitely can say that you can sacrifice a lot for him, your crush on him is real, there's no doubts. No need to get over what you cannot to. Text him a big letter message or better way would be calling, so there won't be any two side thoughts.
    I truly hope that you'll solve this problem and you'll remember this once just as a one, bad dream.
    Crossing my fingers on you. (*hug*)

#2 Hieron, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. Aof

Aof

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you can get over him by loving yourself, give other people a chance and let go of what is haunting you. You can block him and so on but you will keep thinking about him because you wouldn't let it go. You still think that "maybe" it might come true so you wait and think over and over about him. Why wait for someone to return love that you know it might not come. Why not go out, give a chance to other people instead that can return what you are giving back to you. Maybe that person can make you happier than this guy can. If I were you I would love myself, let go and give other people a chance while keeping this guy as a friend. Maybe in the future he comes out to you then yay! you got what you want but if not at least you already found someone else so you and him can still be friend.

#3 Aof, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016