1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help :(((((

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aceabegq, Apr 22, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to my friends birthday tommorow and my ex is going to be there. I just want to be there for my friend and don't want to get upset by them being there. Advice?

-Ace

2. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd recommend you not to worry about your ex, but just have fun at the party, because you're going there for your friend, not for your ex, right?
    Just be chill and don't be nervous, show your ex that you can have fun and spend good time with others. In your place I wouldn't worry at all about it.
    Have fun at the party and don't worry about it, wish you luck! :thumbsup:

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    dont worry about your ex. Fuvk him/her! lol. youre there for your friend, not him/her. On my bday, I have friends coming over who dont get along well sometiems, but theyre there for me and want to be there for me on that special day, theyre not trying to fight because its not abou them that day. they will be nice to eachother and we will all talk and laugh. you should just avoid the person, or just be atleast polite to them, for your friend.
    have fun and dont worry about your ex, enjoy the birthday

4. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    Party was great thanks! But ex is still being kind of a downer? I'm talking to the host, just to the host away from the other guests, and ex comes up and starts telling me off for a JOKE between JUST ME AND THE HOST. I don't get it? It wasn't intended for them to hear, and yet they telling me off for it :/
    They called me an ass but their behaviour isn't that far off from one as well tbh

5. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems as though your ex is being resentful and is using every excuse to criticise you. Don't take it to heart and just ignore them.

Is this the last time you'll need to see them?

6. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am trying my best to just 'mmm' when it happens, and not engaging with it. Unfortunately no, we are in the same social circle :/