1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love my girl, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Loba, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Loba

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been with the love of my life for 13 years. In all those years I have never even thought about another woman. In the last two months I have fallen in lust with a woman at work. I can see this becoming something else. I have not had any sort of sexual contact with her but we both share blushing faces as we pass in the hallway. She is a great with conversation and I think about her often. I am still so in love with my girlfriend and it hurts my heart to be torn between the two. I just do not know what to do.

2. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well that's the thing. You refer to your girlfriend as the love of your life in the first sentence. There's your answer right there. I think it would be a mistake to let this go any further than a crush, afterall many smile to be nice and don't necessarily reciprocate your feelings. But don't feel bad for having a crush in the first place. It's unreasonable to think you'll never be attracted to anyone else ever again, even if you're in a happy relationship. It may be worth talking to your girlfriend about it.

3. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I 100% agree with everything that chill penguin said, and don't really have anything to add, but I'd say to follow his advice.