1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lesbian relationship advice for a beginner :)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NinaK, Apr 23, 2016.

1. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm former straight, now, I guess, I'm bi-sexual.

I met a lesbian girl recently who came to my town for a job-related project. We've met on ******, clearly it was only for making new friends as expats. We are both in our late 20s. She's newly single and I've been single for a very long time.

However, I had an immediate crush on her, which was absolutely new to me. We went out for dinner and then for a walk, than we went out for a concert where she asked me if I was prone to homosexual relationship. I said honestly, that yes, I was.

Then we hung out for the 3rd time, it was a loooong night in a group of people, we ended up at hers, I was sober, she was a bit high/drunk, not wasted though, she told me she's not an aggressive and attacking type, then she told me 'I think you should kiss me', I gladly did, we made out, she played with me too, we both were extremely tired and fell asleep...

She had to leave for her home country the same morning, we slept only for 2 hours or so. I helped her to pack and had to go to work. We hugged each other goodbye, I was too shy to kiss her, I don't know why, I behave lame around her. She said we keep in touch.
    I texted her to check if she made it to the airport on time, she replied and then texted when was on the layover.
    She will come back in 4 months and will stay for another month.

I'm confused and don't know what to do. I was quite proactive with her, texting her, inviting here and there. I told her I liked her and she said she liked me too. However, we've never spoken about anything romantic. I made her a gazillion of compliments. And all she said about me was that I'm funny, aggressive and bossy (she added, which is not bad) :icon_redf

Since I'm new to a gay relationship, I'd like to understand what should or shouldn't I do in this situation.:icon_redf

Shall I just let her go since it's long-distance too? Or should I try to keep in touch with her?

She has left and I'm sooo sad :confused:

#1 NinaK, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. gamergirl99

Hi!

The way you two acted together are adorable! Since you are new to a gay relationship, you'll eventually warm up to the idea. She seems interested in you and such but since she'll be away for 4 months, you could of course keep in touch. Skype? Texting, calling? Just keep in touch.
    Remember that things may happen. You might meet someone else or she might meet someone else as well so just consider that as a possibility.

Also, just get to know her well, even if you two are not gonna see each other in person for a long time, take the opportunity to Skype and talk.

Ask yourself, will it be really worth it? If I were you, I would just try to keep in touch. If she stops texting and such, maybe you might consider waiting or letting her go.. But it's totally up to you.

Things you could do: Wait, just text her, call her, Skype, ask her how's she's doing and such. Just start small.

I wish you luck ^_^ and keep enjoying it! c:

#2 gamergirl99, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  3. A Mindful Wolf

Keep her in mind. Unless you plan on dating new people there's no harm in waiting I think. When she comes back, hang out more and find out if the feelings are still there, then talk about it (if you need to, sometimes you just KNOW).

4. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi! Thank you so much for your support! The question is that I'm not sure how to approach/pursue her since she's responsive but moderately. For example, I texted her on snapchat that I'm already missing an opportunity to ask her out, she replied with only sad emoji. And haven't tested me ever since. If it was a guy, I would wait for him to contact me, but I'm not sure how I should behave with her not to appear clingy/needy, at the same time to keep her interested. I believe she's a butch from outside only... She's one to be approached. I'm just not sure that she likes me enough to be okay with my initiative.

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2016 at 07:30 AM ----------

A solid piece of advice here. Thanks much!

5. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always been very forward in my relationships so I would just put it out there. I would tell her something like this...that I had a really good time with her, I really liked her and I want to get to know her better. But since this same sex concept is so new to me I need to know that you are on the same page and have the same level of interest. Basically I would put it out there and leave the next move up to her.

6. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Honestly, this is the way I am, very direct and upfront. However I'm concerned that it can scare her off. Probably this is normal to question everything when you like someone. I guess, in this situation it would be a good solution, since I'm not really sure how she feels about me. Thank you so much for this reply, it gives me a little bit more confidence.

7. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A little update:

I've sent her an email yesterday. I tried to be funny, light but serious at the same time. I also attached a music video in a relation to our 'story'. It's been 24 hours and she hasn't replied yet even though she's posting on snapchat and checking my snaps :frowning2:

I guess, that the lack of reply is already an answer. I'm not going to send her any follow-up emails, probably she will reply eventually, but something tells me that we're not on the same page and I have to move on :'(

8. confusedbubble

She may not of checked her emails I only check them twice a week Send her a snap telling her to check her email

9. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks much! Actually she texted me today telling me that she's very busy, but she's not ignoring me and will respond me properly. And she called me love, not sure if it means something or she's just being nice. I'm trying not to over think. :icon_redf

10. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Basically, she says that right before we met she ended up her a few years long relationship (actually her girlfriend initiated), and since she's a dedicated person she understands how much energy and effort a commitment requires. That right now straight after a relationship, she needs more time for herself and her career blablabla She says she's not rejecting me, she likes me and attracted to me, but she cannot commit to anything serious and don't want to give me any expectations...

Well, I'm feeling hurt... Because casual dating is overall not what I can do, since I fall very quickly.

All these days I'm extremely sad.

She's asking me what I think about it, and what can I tell her?

I don't know how to act, what to tell her...

This is my first woman crush. And a real crush for a very long time. I've been single for the past 4 years, had only short-term stuff with men.

Can I win her over somehow? Should I just remain friends with her? She says she wants to spend more time with me and to know me better, but she cannot promise anything. And I'm just so afraid of the situation where I fall in love deeply and she won't still want a commitment. I want to protect myself...

I would really appreciate any advice or just a simple support, since I didn't come out as a bisexual, I cannot share it with anyone but the community...

11. confusedbubble

She may not want to get hurt and genuinely want to get to know you better before she gives any commitment, if she's fresh out of a longterm relationship she will be hurting and trying to protect herself from getting hurt.
    She's said she's attracted to you, maybe you do need to meet up with her get to know her and see where it goes. I know you don't want to get hurt but and she said she's not rejecting you maybe you two will just fall in to a relationship as you go along.
    That said meet up with her get to know her, but keep your options open if someone else comes along that you're interested in then I would still arrange dates with them

12. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She didn't mention that she's feeling hurt (I guess, she is though). She says only that she wants freedom.

THIS! Thank you, it really makes me feel better.(*hug*)
    If it was a guy, I would assume he just wants to keep me as an option for fucking. In this case, considering the fact she's a woman, I tend to believe her. She will come back only in a few months, hopefully, this time will also heal her and she will become more open to something more than casual dating. To be honest, logically I understand that I need to date around, I've already set up a date with another guy, buy after I met her it feels like no one exits in this world for me anymore. I genuinely haven't felt anything similar for a very very long time. I'll try to keep it cool though and give her some space.

The question is how much initiative/active should I be in online communication with her? Text her daily/weekly/monthly? Or just on special occasions? What do ladies prefer in such cases? (I can't judge by myself, because if I like a person, I want to be approached frequently and I never 'need space') :icon_redf

13. confusedbubble

It doesn't sound like she's keeping you as an option at all, I think she's healing and getting over her last relationship.

I know some (was good friends with them until they changed) people that jumped out of one relationship into another within a matter of a week and that's upsetting to see, because even though you've split up it shows that they didn't really care about their last partner enough to "grieve)" the split. Especially as I was friends with both the couple at the time so saw the other person get torn apart when they found out.

Give her time I would message her a couple of times a week (or if you see something funny and want to let her know) this is to check in with her and defiantly message or even phone her on her birthday or Xmas (or other special occasions)

if you two end up getting to know each other better then that's what friends do plus it's keeping yourself on her radar.
    If you go out for your birthday maybe invite her along just to show her you care and still want her around it's when you cut off all communication that you loose any chance of a friendship or relationship

#13 confusedbubble, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  14. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you, buddy! you are very helpful and give me some confidence too :slight_smile:

So far so good, she even texts me first some time lol

15. confusedbubble

Any time I hope it goes well for you

16. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Apparently not THAT well though *sigh

She came back to her hometown. And she's going to live in the same house with her ex til the end of the lease (the end of the year) :eek: I was like: okay, I understand all this sharing/lease/accommodation issue. I kept it cool (it's not like I have many options lol).

BUT! She started to post snaps after coming back, and she put this caption to one of pictures: "you know it's real when she takes care of your plants when you're away" :confused:

So... I think that they're simply back together with her ex just straight after her return home. To be honest, I think if I ask her directly it will look possessive/needy. Just right before she came back home, she said they're still best friends with her ex. But her post confused me:icon_sad:

I don't want to bother their relationship if there's any. But I don't want to give up on her so easily too. :eusa_doh:

17. confusedbubble

Maybe you could ask her tell her you don't want to interfere with the relationship if she's back with her ex.
    Unless she's just staying with her to save on some money

18. NinaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys!

So I'm facing a new dilemma! lol

She will have her birthday soon, we're keeping in touch with her, even though our communication is not intense, it's more like checking each other from time to time with simple how's it going. She's still having this ex-drama, I'm still crushing over her like crazy.

SO! I want to do something nice for her birthday and since it's long-distance these are options I have:

- Send her flowers with balloons
    - Send her a book as a gift
    - Send her a post-card

I really really want to send her flowers, but I'm a) not sure if she likes flowers b) a bit concerned that it will be too much (will it be too much)? I personally LOVE receiving flowers. And honestly I want to surprise her, but I don't want to scare her off.

What would be your advice?

Thank you loves!