1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird crushing situation...Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cesar123, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Cesar123

Hey guys,

So I'm kinda in a weird situation and I do not know how to move forward with it. last week, I get a random text from an unknown person complimenting me. I didn't know who it was so I asked and we began having a conversation. This guy ( let's call him Shane), that I have never met, confessed to me that he was extremely sexually attracted to me but was in the closet and had a girlfriend. He somehow managed to swipe my number from one of my friends when they were drunk apparently. We go to the same college and because it's so small, it's relatively easy to know everyone. The conversation got really weird when he began saying he wanted to date me badly and that he was considering leaving his girlfriend for me. I told him not to do anything impulsive but it just seemed to make him want to break with his girlfriend more. By the end of the conversation he was begging me to have sex with him during a certain time so his girlfriend would walk in. I, of course, told him no but that we should really hang out. However, when I tried to hang out with him, he would always bail and tell me he was just nervous - so this got me thinking that I'm probably being catfished ( likewise this guy is extremely attractive). He claims his nervousness derives from the fact he never did anything with a guy and terrified of what others will think. The issue is, I have no idea who would catfish me and I discovered yesterday his full name on Facebook. That same day, I discovered he broke up with girlfriend. So I stupidly sent him a friend request and got denied. So I don't know how to proceed with this. If I ignore him or continue to assume I was just catfished, I feel I'm missing out on dating a really attractive and nice guy. If I try to make contact with him ( only though FB messenger) I run the risk of discovering this guy wasn't the guy I was talking too and therefore embarrassing myself. Likewise, he isn't responding to texts so there are no guarantees he would respond. I might be just complicating this - I go to a small school and therefore there isn't a large gay community. This is the first guy at this school that I'm attracted to, is nice, and relatively interested in dating me.

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Firstly reverse image search his supposedly attractive picture.. If it's not him then GG he is a catfish
    Next try contacting him on something like Skype or even calling him.. People tend to be more venerable when talking with voice
    Finally see if you know someone who is close with him and work from there..

Instincts are more that often correct and to be honest there are plea toy more fish in the sea...

Hope this helped

3. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From what you described, the guy doesn't sound like relationship material. Basically like one of those thirsty guys from a dating site only interested in sex.

So basically if you want a fling, go for it.
    If you want a long-term meaningful relationship he's not the guy you should be looking for.

If he still bugs you and you're still interested while also wanting a relationship, make sure he knows you'll only consider it if you get to know him better. And yes, talking on Skype (or real life) is essential. No hiding, you need to be able to see for yourself first hand what you're letting yourself into. Otherwise it's a massive no no.

4. cakepiecookie

Even if he's not catfishing, everything about the situation is super weird. This is not how normal, mentally stable people behave. I'd stay clear of the whole thing.

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wouldnt trust it. even if he wasnt catfishing you, which I think he is, he immediately started talking about having sex with you. this is obviously a sign that he's just interstig in having sex with you. Also being in a relationship with a closeted guy can be very hard and sometimes even annoying for you. he's also considering leaving his gf just so he can be with you without even knowing you. theres a biiiggg chance he could do this to you too.

6. CameOutSwinging

The whole situation sounds way too weird to me. I'd definitely suggest just forgetting about it.