1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious question, why don't masculine gay guys use dating apps?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hockeyplayer45, Apr 24, 2016.

1. hockeyplayer45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've used this forum, but I have a question that might seem a little dumb, but I'm seriously looking for input. Why, in your opinion, is it that ****** is so overwhelmingly full of feminine guys and basically void of masculine guys?

This is an observation I've made using the app for the past few months. To be clear, I have nothing against more effeminate guys, but being very masculine myself, I would prefer to date another guy like me. It's like 9 out of 10 profiles are guys who appear effeminate in the way they dress and have more typically feminine interests, like dance and fashion, while the remaining one appears masculine in interests such as very sports oriented.

I know you can't judge the way someone acts based on their interests, but in my experiences the gut feeling is at least more often than not accurate. So if what everyone says on here about there being just as many masculine gay guys out there as feminine ones, why don't the masculine ones use ****** like the rest? Straight guys do, so it's not like it's a non-masculine thing to do so.

As a 21 year old attempting to graduate and working to start up a business all while trying to travel somewhat, I just don't have time for the advice everyone gives on here about how I have to go out and join clubs and organizations and take the time to make tons of new masculine guy friends and eventually way down the road get close enough to find out if they're into guys all before even attempting to date one. It's just too complicated. Sorry to express my frustration here, but I've honestly gotten to the point where I'm genuinely curious and was wondering about other people's takes on it?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you are looking in the wrong spot. There are several hook-up apps out there that are geared more towards the masculine crowd, although I can't name them here. Also you might want to look into something for dating like "the Fish site"(it blocked the name, lol) if something more serious interests you at this point.

#2 Lance, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. There is certainly no statistical validity to the statement that masculine gay guys don't use hookup apps. There are plenty of masculine guys, onthe shoe, on such apps. It's possible that in the particular area you are in, the majority of people who are 'out' that you are seeing might be more fem or flamboyant, but there's no correlation between the use of those apps and being fem.

2. Keep in mind that if you are looking for a relationship, you aren't likely to find it on one of those apps. They are fine for hookups, but that's about it. So depending on what you are after, you might save yourself some disappointment.