1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age Gaps?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by itsbrooklyn, Apr 26, 2016.

1. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a girl whos told me that she's been crushing on me for a while and that she'd like to go out with me, and if i'm being honest I kinda like her as well, but when I found out that she's 14 (and I have no idea when she'll be 15) i started thinking about the age gap, even though it's only 2 years i'm worried that people will think it's weird or inappropriate. So my question is, what's the biggest age gap you'd allow or see as being "okay" between you and someone older/younger than you?

2. Embi

Embi Guest

My girlfriend is almost three years younger.

My opinion is that as long as you're on the same maturity level, age doesn't matter. Age is just another human concept. Love is love, that's what we say.
    Of course there's pedophilia, but that won't be something you should be concerned about because the age gap is only two years.

People also tend to see homosexuality as weird and inappropriate. You will never be in a relationship everyone will see as good. But that doesn't matter. If you like each other, you should be together. Just my opinion.

3. HerrinDesFeuers

For me, the age limit is 16, maybe 15. But I certainly wouldn't do anything sexual or relationship-wise with a 14 year old girl.

4. A Mindful Wolf

Love =/= sex.
    Don't sex up a minor, simple. You can still date, especially if you aren't like 20 years apart or something, just make sure you're being appropriate.
    Just for the record, once of legal age, there is no wrong age gap.

5. Kevin240

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the person who said that dating is fine, but avoid anything sexual. I don't know what the age of consent is where you live. I know that it's 16 in many areas of the USA. I think it would be fine to get to know her better and spend time with her.

As you get older, the issues around age tend to evaporate. My husband is 12 years younger than I am, but very mature. At times it seems like HE'S the "adult" in the relationship lol.

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most I'd go for is 5 years. Past that is already pushing it.