1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying over after a hookup

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Apr 26, 2016.

1. lostlifeguard

So I met this guy online and we've been hooking up for a little while (probably 5 times now) and I always go over to his place. I usually leave right after and all we do it have sex. I kind of want to stay the night or ask him if he wants to go to dinner. What's a good way to go about this?

Also, after you hookup with someone, what do you think the etiquette is? I usually start getting dressed and go unless they say something... I don't usually want to go, but I don't want to make it awkward by staying. Do you think most guys would rather I stay?

#1 lostlifeguard, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. A Mindful Wolf

Invite him over to your place for a "sleepover"? You can even ask jokingly just to test the waters if it's something he'd be open to.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think inviting him over to your place for the hookup would be a good idea as well, if that is at all possible. I wouldn't preface it as being a sleepover/date yet though. It would put the ball in his court and if he does start to get going afterwards, you can say something simple like he does not have to leave if he does not want to. That way it is on him and he knows your open for something more without putting the pressure on yourself. The way he handles the situation might give you some indication on how he sees your arrangement whether he is just interested in the sexual aspect or is willing to go further at this point.

4. AKTodd

As others have said, it's likely to be easier to ask him to stay the night after a hookup at your place, then trying to negotiate your staying at his without seeming pushy.

As far as the dinner thing - just casually asking 'Hey - you wanna grab something to eat?' seems like a good way to go about it.

If you like sports or some type of music you might also ask him if he'd like to go to a game/concert/whatever. But going to grab a burger/pizza/beer after sex is probably the most casual thing to start off with (you've both been burning calories and probably could use some re-hydration after all:slight_smile:).

Hope this helps,

Todd