1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date dilemma.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by grizzleybear33, Apr 26, 2016.

1. grizzleybear33

I am in a bit of a pickle. I have a first date with this guy who is driving about an hour to see me and from what I hear movies are generally bad ideas for dates especially first dates. But the thing is my city is pretty small so there isn't much to do and it is also supposed to rain all day so my options are kind of limited. And I really want to see Jungle Book so it would be a win win for me haha. Any advice about the movie situation or an alternate idea is very welcome. :icon_bigg

2. Really

Why don't you think like a tourist? Pick an attraction to visit. Maybe something you haven't gone to or seen in a while.

3. grizzleybear33

The only attractions near me like the grand canyon sort of need good weather. Plus we are meeting up at nightish.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps you could have a few options to offer to the guy so it won't be like you are forcing your way to him?

5. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe a restaurant or go around driving after the movie?

6. AKTodd

If possible, maybe see the movie earlier in the day (matinee or early showing) and then maybe either go somewhere fun for dinner or some kind of coffee shop type thing. If they serve insanely good homemade desserts and/or have life music so much the better. Aim for someplace that is quiet enough that you can hear yourself think and easily hear each other while talking.

If you decide to not do the movie, or want an alternative to the coffee shop/restaurant, the google 'things to do in Flagstaff' - a fair number of things came up when I did this and you surely know the area better than I do. Maybe a museum or art gallery or some kind of concert of music you both like?

Hope this helps,

Todd