1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving in with GF and not wanting to leave my mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bagpuss, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Bagpuss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello guys,

I'm a 21 years old student and live 300kms away from my GF right now.
    There are a lot of constellations in my current situation and I will try to display them correctly.
    My GF of 2 months asked me to move in with her and her 4years old son because else she wouldn't have seen a future with us together. I didn't want to lose her so I just said yes and only think of the consequences now. One of those consequences is living 600kms away from my mom which seems selfish of me right now but I don't want that. On top of that I haven't told my mom that I'm bisexual and it's hard for me to tell her and I don't want to tell her I'm just living with a friend in another city that is 600kms away from your place. I want to support my mom while living my own life and I don't feel like I can do that when I'm 600kms away from her. I know that this is selfish of me.
    I've been studying almost 2 years now in a city that is 500kms away from my hometown and that was OK because I knew it was just going to be temporary but moving in with my GF is actually a life changing decision that I made way too spontanously.
    I don't feel like I can talk with my GF about this problem because she will be just thinking that I dont want to move in with her and break up with me but I do.

How do I compromise this? What do you think?

2. Bagpuss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've talked with some people including my best friends about it and they all agreed I shouldn't do it. Especially because we've been together only for 2 months. I would be throwing away my ambitions for a girl. And if my GF loved me she would understand this. I will talk to her, maybe I will post here what happened after that