1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Hope

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KaelTail, Apr 29, 2016.

1. KaelTail

I'm a gay trans man, who is almost 5 months into HRT with no surgeries. I started my transition while dating a cis male who identifies as gay who was absolutely everything I wanted in a partner and my is best friend. He recently decided that despite how much we truly love each other and how much he wants to make me happy, he can not be with me because he is not being fulfilled sexually and feels he has had to repress many of his natural urges in order to maintain our relationship. Though I completely understand his pain right now and absolutely support him finding happiness and being his true self, and I will always be there for him as a friend, my own body dysphoria is eating me alive. I am losing hope that I will ever find someone who genuinely loves me for the man I am AND loves my body. Part of me feels like detransitioning just to increase my chances of finding a man, though I know I'll never be happy pretending to be a woman.

I feel like I need to throw this question out here just to maybe find some hope to keep believing in love:
    Can any gay men out there tell me honestly if they would ever be truly happy with a trans man? or would I never be enough?