1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be less nervous around my bf?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, Apr 30, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ANXIETY SUCKS (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    Ok so I've been dating this guy (shall i mention who I've had a crush on for like a year) for a couple weeks, and he's really sweet and cute and awesome and amazing (run-on sentence intensifies)

I really love him. But, my anxiety disorder is killing. For some reason, I'm extremely awkward and nervous around him. He doesn't scare me or anything, I just get nervous doing things like hugging and holding hands.

How do I help and/or stop this? :help:
    thanks in advances mates!

2. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Are you sure that's not love talking? You've been together for only two weeks. You may just need time to relax into things.

But fixing anxiety is all about challenging your beliefs. Next time you have those feelings ask questions to yourself such as why you have them, what you can do about them, how you think others would react in the same situation and what you think is realistically the worst case scenario if you hug. Nothing bad? Exactly. Learn to love the love. :slight_smile:

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just what I was thinking. There's a fine line between anxiety and those love pains. Feeling nervous around a new partner is the same for everyone because we all want to make a good impression and not do anything to displease them or put them off us. You can't do much about this except know that everyone feels the same. Also when you make those intimate connections your body and mind go crazy with adrenaline. You're doing something risky, taboo, maybe forbidden, exciting, the list goes on, so you just have to try and enjoy it. Believe it or not, there is a point in all long term relationships when someone wishes they could feel all this again.

When it's a gay relationship, there's an extra dimension added due to the worries and fears of what others will think about your relationship. Again that isn't something you can do much about, as it will only improve with confidence and is controlled by the environment you're in.

#3 Calf, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016