1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice now, haha. Please. :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SirPandacorn, May 1, 2016.

1. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so in my class theres this guy. He's a secret nerd, and really cute and I like him obviously. I would be sitting in class and just stare at him because I have nothing else to do and hes cute. And sometimes I would see him look at me too, but I would glance away too fast to be sure. Anyways my friend gave him my number and we talked. It was terrible and the next day at school my friend said he kept looking at me. And then I tried texting him again. And we talked from lunch until about 9. He told me about emotional stuff and eventuly I even made him a bit happy and we started joking around which seemed like something he doesnt do much. I learned a lot about him. And to all of you gay people out there: theres a different way of talking to a str8 friend and someone you like, right? Ive talked to a few guys whove liked me and a many str8 guys but this seemed like the first, not a like talking to your str8 friend. Maybe thats dumb, huh? But it gets weird because he says he has to go and minutes later I get a message from someone i dont know. They say that their HIS gf. Which is strange because Ive never seen him with someone. Hes always alone. They ask me why im hitting on him and I play it off confused. Im actually very worried at this point because I have anxiety and im scared he knows i like him. Then they asked if I was gay. I do end up saying im pan. Then they say that they had the wrong number. Someone who claims to be dating the guy I was talking to just a couple of minutes ago, saying im hitting on him(sometimes i come off flirty): no way did they have the wrong number. So obviously someone was going through his phone, he gave them my phone number, or he was texting me from a different number. The other weird thing is that he textes badly, and the persons textes seemed the same. The next day I asked him and he got really defensive and said he didnt know what I was talking about. Then I said they said it was his gf and he got annoyed and said he was single. Im honestly confused. Theres no way he didnt have anything to do with the messages. If he did then was he trying to figure out if I was gay so he could date me, or as a joke? I can't talk to him about it because he wont text back to me. I assume he got his phone taken away or something. Hopefully. I really want us to happen. My friend told me I should forget him because shes afraid he'll hurt me. But she also said that she had to work hard for her gf. And ive decided im not giving up that easily. Please tell me what I should do.
    Im really confused, scared, and tired of all being anxious and depressed about this. I see him tomorrow and maybe he'll tell me what happened. But i just need advice on what could be happening, whether or not he likes me, and what I should do? Thanks for any responses.

#1 SirPandacorn, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

It's worth considering that it might have been a wrong number. Or did they refer to him by name?

It's a confusing one. But he says he's single and hasn't said anything bad about you, so if you think it's worth going after him, do it!

3. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They referred to him by his name and there was no way they couldve got my number unless he knew about it.

4. ChillPenguin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do think he's behind the texts.
    >Same grammar
    >Single and no sign of a GF
    >Defensive - innocent people get confused.

He seems a little... Uh... Creepy? Unless you're into guys that pretend to be other people in order to get information? I guess it shows he's interested in a weird way?

5. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See I thought it was creepy at first. But it could actually be a cute thing if OP lives in a homophobic area, and this is the only way his crush can safely gauge interest.

The weirdest thing is that the person called themself his GF. Not sure what to make of it.

I'd say just keep trying to get to know him better. Don't think about the mystery person. If it really was him, the most natural way to figure that out is knowing him.

6. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol. I deleted the number and messages so I have no way of figuring out if it was him. So I guess it couldve been a friend if he was talking about me and somehow got my number. Idk. If it was him the only thing that would bother me is if he did know and pretended to be confused.

---------- Post added 1st May 2016 at 06:04 PM ----------

Im just so confused because he said he was single and denied it a lot and got annoyed when I accused him of lying and even left to take a shower. Maybe he did have a connection to it because he even said he was annoyed I blamed him. And called it my "random crap"

7. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Denial is one thing. Acting annoyed? To me that shows that it affects him personally.

I mean, just think about it. If your best friend burst into your room and accused you of something you're truly not guilty of.. you'd deny it. Unless you're bitchy or he refuses to believe you, you probably won't feel annoyed. Now.. if your best friend accuses you of something you are guilty of, but don't want to admit as much.. you will deny and act annoyed. Period.

So.. if you haven't been bugging him nonstop about the texting thing (i.e., you refusing to believe him) I don't see why he would be annoyed.

All that aside, my friend has always told me that if you like someone.. just assume they like you back. It doesn't seem like there will be any negative consequences for you to continue pursuing him. In my crush situation, there are.. so I have to wonder if he likes me or not.

#7 DalBCN, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  8. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you that really helps. And I changed the subject since he was annoyed. So I didnt bother him too much about it. He hasnt texted me since that. He said he had to go. Hes ignored my texts and im being optimistic and assuming he was grounded from his phone or something.

9. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just noticed you're 15. The phone stuff is definitely crap I would have pulled when I was younger..

10. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly love all you rn. Haha. Ive had anxiety all week, and youre helping me stay positive. Thank you all so much!

11. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't spend too much energy on this. Your young and if it's meant to happen things will just work themselves out.