1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay but I accidentally started dating this guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kenzi18, May 3, 2016.

1. Kenzi18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So Prom is this weekend and this guy Eric from my school asked me to be his date. I said yes (I didn't want to reject him and he asked me in a public place). Today, we went out to get his matching tie and we got dinner (which he paid for). about half way through, I realized that this was probably a date to him. I just thought we were hanging out and going to Prom as casual dates but from the things he said tonight he thinks differently.

He is a really nice guy, we have alot in common, and i do really like him, but not romantically. I'm not out to my school yet (only a few people) so I don't want to tell him i'm gay because he might tell other people. and Prom is the weekend and i dont know how to approach that, because I definitely don't want to lead him on but we are going as dates so it would be rude to avoid him/not dance with him.

I'm super bad at rejection and I really don't want to hurt his feelings but I'm not attracted to him at all. Prom is gonna be a problem and so is the rest of the school year and summer. What should I do?

2. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be straight up with him and say that you just want to go to prom as friends and you just really like him AS A FRIEND.

3. Lyr

Lyr Guest

It is better to tell him as fast as possible because if you wait it's there that his feeling will be hurt, if you don't feel comfortable to say it directly you can insert into a conversation something like that : I like spending time with you, you are a very good friend ^^

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the only real way out of this is to friendzone him hard.