1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She likes her right?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, May 5, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so my best friend is super homophobic, but I don't blame her for it. She grew up in this super strict religious household, and I honestly hate what it has done to her, she's anxious and not really sure of her identity and I think a lot of it has to do with the negative messages her religion sends toward women and lgbtq+ people.
    So, for a while, she's been hinting that she's not straight. Though, I tried to talk about how I support lgbtq+ rights once and she said something about stopping watching a tv show because it had too much of a focus on gay people.
    So I think because of her religion, she doesn't want to be anything other than straight.
    But she won't stop talking about this one girl. Literally everything she says somehow relates to her. I don't think that I'm projecting, but the thing is I really want her to like this girl because then maybe somehow we could come out to each other and then watch OITNB together and talk about girls together and both crush on Alex Vause.
    I really love this friend and I want that to happen, but, as much as she seems like she likes this girl, if she actually does like this girl, I don't see how she will ever overcome her homophobia. I also don't know what to say to her. What can I say that hasn't already been said?
    So I guess what I'm looking for is some suggestions, I mean, is there something I could say to her that I haven't thought of?
    I've thought of asking her if she has a crush, but I think I would have to be subtle about it or she would probably get mad and never talk about it again.

2. confusedbubble

Maybe you could come out to her or talk about your female celebrity crush that way she might be more open about herself with you, it sounds like her religion is getting in the way a bit but if you come out to her then she may start being more open with you