1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom doesn't trust me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, May 5, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok, so my boyfriend and I have been dating for a month now (and shall i say it has been the best month of my life), and my mom won't let me go over to his house alone. I understand her fears and, In my opinion, they are extremely illogical. We would really be able to do anything due to his house having basically paper thin walls (you can hear everything) and his parents not tolerating anything crazy lol

I'm also way to nervous to do anything XD
    Even though I'm nearing my second year in high school and I'm driving on my own, she has yet to believe I am responsible enough to handle my own. How do I prove I am responsible to her?

2. Embi

Embi Guest

You could tell her that his parents will be there so she doesn't have to worry. If she doesn't believe, she could talk to his parents herself and make sure they're there. Just be honest with her and over the time she will trust you. Remember: You are her son, she's probably just overprotective, as some mothers are, and it will take some time until that will pass. Does she know your boyfriend? Maybe you could invite him for dinner if not, so that she gets to know the person who is dating her son.