I may have messed something up, but maybe not

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gryf, May 6, 2016.

1. gryf

So I got to talk to my crush yesterday, went really well. He said he really enjoyed speaking with me.
    We work together, I emailed him a little later and said I enjoyed talking and thanks, etc. But I had a type so it said 'U enjoyed talking with you', rather than I . ugh
    Reply from him.
    Agreed.
    *paraphrase the rest* brief mention in the event and that it had many interesting people.

So later, I email again and say if like to hang out/Chat. And mentioned he knows the area better then me.

At some point either before or after my last message we sat each other in passing.
    I smiled and mouthed hi.
    He smiled a muffled smile and also mouthed hi.

Anyway, I'm worried I came on too strong. I really like him and at least want to be friends.

What do your ask think?

2. beowoolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I can see from your description it seems like you guys are just casually chatting and smiling. I don't think that's coming on too strong... In fact, some people might not even get it.

Have you sussed out if this guy is compatible in terms of orientation? That might be a good first step before committing to any more action.

3. gryf

Well I talked with him at an lgbt event.
    And he discussed going to more.
    Yeah, he's gay, without directly asking, in nearly 100%sure.