1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm straightish but curious about my gay best friend. What do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LikeAnuddaShoah, May 7, 2016.

1. LikeAnuddaShoah

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    We're really close, and I'm vaguely his type (very masculine, "straight", politically incorrect etc - he's a pretty girly bottom). We're in college and have separate dorms, but I practically live with him.

I tried putting the moves on him a few days ago trying to kiss him and he freaked out and walked away to another part of the room, pretty awkward for about ten minutes until we talked about it and I expressed interest in him. On one hand, the way he described his reaction afterward was much less "go away I don't wanna fuck you" and much more "why the hell is my straight friend's face two inches from mine, I'm outta here I don't want to risk getting punched by the straight dude" (he had no idea I was anything other than straight).

Since then I've been noticing both of us using more sexual innuendos than usual. Granted, he's always clowned around like this a lot (like fake-moaning about how he wants me to fuck him, turns me on like nothing else btw), but given that he's still behaving that way even though the context of our friendship has changed (he didn't know before that I was interested in him, and now he does), that seems like it'd mean something, but he hasn't said anything definite about whether he's interested or not.

On the other hand, he did say at one point that he was really flattered that I was into him, which sounds exactly like something I'd say to a chick having a non-mutual crush on me.

I've never done this before so I'm not sure what I'd want to do if he was inclined. Probably just touching and cuddling to start with.

So how does he /probably/ feel about me? Would you be acting like that if you were into your straight friend? And what would be the smartest way to proceed?

Thanks dudes

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever had a girlfriend?

3. LikeAnuddaShoah

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yes, but it was one of those things where we grew really close over time and gradually fell into bed, and she initiated the sexual stuff. I have minimal experience being sexually aggressive, still trying to become less awkward/more fluid in these situations.

#3 LikeAnuddaShoah, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it was me I would just buy him a few nice presents, tell him that I like him, and then ask him if I can take him out for a movie and maybe dinner too.

Just be honest with him. Be yourself. And if there's something about yourself that you are unsure of (ie. your sexuality) then be honest about that too.

5. CameOutSwinging

You should sit down and have a very honest conversation with him. He may be interested but have fears, like what it could do to your friendship. He might also not want to be your "experiment." He might fear you wanting more than just a hookup and perhaps he's not looking to date anybody. Or maybe he's afraid that you're so close that if you have sex,m he will start to have feelings for you and you won't return them.

There's plenty of valid fears to discuss. If you can solve them all or at least talk them out, then you might be able to agree on giving things a try. It definitely sounds like you'd enjoy the experience, especially with this guy, if you go in with an open mind.

So talk to him!