1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've gotten back together with my bf and I'm afraid of what others will think

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RavenTheRat, May 7, 2016.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I originally was going to post this in the anon section but then I realized that was kind of dumb and ironic

So a while ago I broke up with my boyfriend because I thought I was only into girls. Later on as I started to get my ANXIETY under control, I started to miss him more and more. I talked to him about it about a week ago, and we decided to give it another chance... he's amazing, he forgave me.... he said I needed time to sort out my feelings and that I had a right to do that.

I'm so ridiculously happy to have him back you have no idea. In addition.. I'm kind of an asshole. Getting back together with him made me realize how AWFUL I treated him when we were together, and how rude I was to him after we broke up, (I never said anything, but I kind of gave him the cold shoulder because I felt guilty about breaking up with him...) in addition.... there were a couple occations where I kind of.... complained about him to some of my friends.. and said he was annoying... I didn't mean it, it's just when I want to be left alone I get nasty.... and I feel like an awful person for it. I am an awful person, I guess.

In addition, most people think I'm a lesbian because that's what I thought when I broke up with him and that's what I told them when they asked me why I broke up with him... as a result, I don't really care about sexuality anymore. I'll date the people I like, that's it. Trying to figure it out's caused me too much trouble and anxiety anyway.....

I just... don't want to hurt anyone else, I'm afraid my friends will be.. I don't know, mad at me.... I'm afraid the complaints I made about him will come back to haunt me... I feel like the most terrible, heartless person on earth...

help?

#1 RavenTheRat, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just learn from it and move on. I have always tried to never bad mouth anyone from a prior relationship. There are always two perspectives in every relationship and two sides to every story. And as sad as it sounds sometimes WE are really the villain in the story.

#2 OutofZCloset, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  3. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being confused about your sexuality can sometimes make you make bad decisions, im glad you sorted that out! :slight_smile:

Dont be so worried about what your friends will say, Admit the things you did wrong and explain to them how you feel the way you explained it to us. They are your friends they probably know you better than any of us here, im pretty sure they might understand. We all make mistakes and sometimes we need to make mistakes to realise what's up with us and how we feel about certain things

Best of luck!

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't dwell on what others may think about you getting back together with your boyfriend. The only thing that matters to me is that you two are fine with everything and willing to work it out for the better.