1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look better for all genders?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How can I look better for all genders while not scaring off others? I have no idea how to do so because so many girls have called me ugly that I find it pretty hard to enjoy life. :frowning2:
    I am asking this because when I move to Spain in June, I'll have to break up with my boyfriend.:tears:

#1 Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's all just opinions really, and varies a lot depending on the location. Even then if you were to do what the majority would like, the outliers like myself wouldn't be "impressed"... I say just dress the way you like, your own style, and have fun doing it. For me, it's usually black boots/pants, video game shirts, and long scarves. Any styles in particular you find interesting, or like in general?

Where I live it's usually religious propaganda or confederate flag shirts, but those could be seen as offensive in many other locations. So "better" in one place is sometimes worse in another.

3. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I do like video games, so maybe I should also get some video game shirts. When it's sunny, I do like to wear aviators...
    At least I'm moving to Spain soon, which is the most LGBT supportive country in the world! ^-^

#3 Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confidence!

5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Get your clothes to fit you properly. In modern times, you'll generally want a slim fit. A skinny fit can also be good but understand that not all men suit the skinny fit in all peices and I don't know what you look like. Just dont go baggy, or if you do, balance a baggy item with a very skinny item (but thts only a very casual street wear style).

Darker colours are easier to make look stylish and are slimming. But I usually try to get a big pop of colour in there to accent it otherwise you look rather unoriginal and don't stand out at all. Pay attention to your shoes and match them with your belt.

Get a nice haircut that suits your face shape. And think about colouring it. I find darker hair is usually more attractive in guys but also consider more out there colours if that's your style.

And don't forget the smaller things... accessories... like watches and cufflinks if appropriate and glasses if you wear them (make sure they suit your face shape and are stylish as well as functional) and your bag the colour of your socks going properly. Oh and if your ever wearing a tie, the widest point of the tie should match the widest point of the collar of the shirt your wearing and the lapel of your blazer.

Thats some random advice from a girl obsessed with menswear.

#5 SHACH, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what your style is, but generally:
    - proper fit: not too loose, not too tight, get your size and cut
    - get your hair done neatly, get it cut not to look messy, do with it whatever is needed like styling or conditioner
    - get colours match
    - take care of your complexion: moistruisers, reduce acne and the such if you have it, sunscreen
    - eat healthy
    - look like you care, don't wear s*****y, messy, old, stretched things. Old things can look cool, but they have to be good quality then and can't be falling apart, and have to fit properly even if they look damaged
    - wear clothes that are comfortable, you don't want to move awkwardly
    - wear clothes you like, uncomfortable in your own skin is unattractive
    - take care of yourself and your clothing
    - no messy nails: cut and clean
    - smell decent but don't overuse scents

#6 Mihael, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh yeah keeping your nails nice and short and clean as emerry said is huge. As soon as I see a man with long nails I am running away it's practically scary. I'm a girl and I still keep them as short as possible becuase even on a girl there's a certain point after which you either need to get a manicure or just not have them long. On a man... No.

8. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I do keep my nails short... Thanks for the advice, guys!