1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge fight with best friend over something ridiculous

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ErickWolf, May 10, 2016.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok please excuse the length of this but I really need to freaking talk to someone, anyone, right now. The current stuff happened in the course of the last two days. I will really appreciate if someone actually bothers to read and answer this because people in general ignore me a lot and I don't need that right now.

So my best friend since the beginning of this year (doesn't sound like an 'old' friend but we are/were very close friends). My sexuality has always been...fluid. Now I just identify as fluid, but the problem is that I identified was gay/gay-leaning when this school year started because I was not very attracted to girls. It turned out that was because I'd never met a girl who was my type except for once in middle school which was just a simple crush. I'm attracted to tomboyish girls, not femmes. Nothing personal, simply the way I am. When I first met this friend early in the year I'd thought it was platonic but then I realized, oh duh I have a crush on her. (Same way I realized I had a crush on a guy in 8th grade). Well the last one went horribly because we were both shy and when we finally realized we sort of liked each other it was too late and school ended. I was devastated (now I look back and think it was dumb since I didn't even know him that well; it was just infatuation). Then I'd thought relationships were overrated and that being single was awesome. Going back to the friend this year. I decided not to make the same dumb mistake of waiting the whole fucking year to confess, and she took it well and we started dating. It was my first serious relationship, first kiss, first time. It was going well and we were both happy, it just felt right and we seemed to 'click'. I was awkward as hell and obviously not the best kisser and whatnot seeing as it was my first relationship ever. Then for whatever reason she broke up with me like a month later (no fights, she just said it didn't work out). I was sad but we stayed best friends, though I still had feelings for her. The whole year we've talked about basically everything, trusted each other, and been good friends. I knew I still had feelings but tried to ignore them especially since she said I should try to get over her. She'd said she was pan and was had a bf (she'd done open relationships early in the year and they seemed to be just fine). Then one of our friends at lunch apparently has a major crush on me (another one of my closest friends...seeing a trend yet) and I don't know what to think. It happened very suddenly, and he is dating a girl at the moment. Both me and him are trans and we have a ton in common, but I'm pretty sure I'm not truly attracted to guys. So he drops a hint, then the first friend tells me. I feel bad because he really likes me but not only is he a senior but I don't know if I want to go out with him. I don't want to attempt a relationship only for both of us to get hurt. Now here's the problem: our other friend is convinced I'm gay but not accepting it, all because I was stupid and said I was pretty much gay early on. So she gets annoyed at me about that and tells me off, then things today at school were fine and all three of us were talking and laughing like always. After school we're texting. He asks about a relationship because I hadn't said much yet and I basically say that I honestly don't know right now but not for now. He tells her I friendzoned him (he never meant to actually sound rude or cause drama, keep that in mind). She gets really pissed and basically told him that me and him should sit away from our old group because she will fight me if she sees me. Then I tell him maybe over the summer and if my feelings change I'll always be open to giving it a shot, because who knows? Later he tells me the part about her being pissed at me. We basically talked and tried to figure out how to fix this mess but neither of us knows how to do so without further screwing it up. The best either of us could think of is to just tell her that it was a stupid misunderstanding and that my sexuality is fluid but I simply didn't know earlier. Now the main reason I'm not telling her yet is because she might see this as an excuse. Frankly I don't know what to think because on one hand I cried my eyes out earlier but on the other hand I want to punch someone. It's so hard to be upset at people you are/were close to. Him and her are my closest friends and I no longer give a shit about any feelings I had for her, I just don't freaking want to lose a friend like that. I rarely cry or get like this but I've hit my boiling point lately and this turned out to be a sort of last straw. If I lose anyone who was that close to me I just won't know what to do anymore. It's crazy how quickly things can turn so ugly, over one stupid little mistake. I've always been the neutral/chill person who has avoided drama and helped people with their problems, but look what it's amounted to. It should be known that I have a goofy and somewhat pervy sense of humor, but he said she thinks I 'eye fuck' at lunch. Whoa there, I may make pervy jokes but it ends there. I am too awkward and shy to 'eye fuck' and I would never do that even if I had the nerve to. So now I'm curious as to whether she legit thinks this is true or if she just took a trait of mine and roasted me with it.

Edit: Oh and to make this bullshit worse I have an exam tomorrow first thing in the morning. Why life.
    Also adding on: She has a trans boyfriend that she has been on/off with and is currently dating but she mostly dated women. She'd identified as pan for a while but says she is gay. Neither me or my other friend really get it, and I appear to be the only ex she hasn't even considered taking back. I'm beyond caring at this point but I'm curious as to why because I was the only one who, till now, had never gotten in any drama with her. Not even a fight over stupid stuff like most friends have. So I don't know what the hell happened.

#1 ErickWolf, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. PrettyinPunk

Well that does sound like a fair bit of drama. To me it sounds like your one friend is being very insensitive to your fluidity. Which is conflicting since she labeled herself pan then switched to gay? I would think she could empathize with not quite figuring everything out, being so young. I think you should try talking with her again. She may see it as an excuse but at least you were honest and tried. Maybe you could ask why it's so hard for her to understand where you're coming from. It kind of sounds like she might have some unresolved personal issues that might need to be addressed.

I think it's great that despite your history, you still want to remain friends with her first. Hopefully things work out so you can. Just remember if you do everything you can to keep a friendship with her, and she still treats you like this, distancing yourself might be a good idea. At least for a bit.

As for the exam...that's rough buddy. G'luck though!