1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "does he doesn't he" farce

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Janos, May 11, 2016.

1. Janos

Janos Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all, been a while.

I recently met a guy whilst shopping (of all activities...). He was working at the till and we got involved in a conversation about Game of Thrones, this happened a couple of times. I get vibes off him and he's cute and friendly so I figured I'd try and risk engaging him in a longer conversation. The other day he was working and I mentioned I was a fan of Dark Souls 3, he leapt on that to start enthusiastically chatting away to me despite it being his shift, he even switched to working on the shop floor so he could talk to me better. We talked for a good half hour and I noticed (currently engaged in psychology at a phd level) that he was mimicking my actions and keeping very steady eye contact (usually a sign of attraction). We talked for about half an hour and he gave me his steam details and told me to add him about 3 times during the conversation so I figured he was at least interested in not losing touch.

Gets conflicting now; I add him, we chat for a bit and he has to go out so says that we can chat later, the next day I message him - no response for an hour then he goes offline (his status did keep fluctuating between away and online though). Then again last night I try sending him a message, same thing happens except this time after an hour he goes into a game.
    I'm not overly sure how to interpret any of this, I'm not coming on strong or anything (indeed I have learnt from past experience to always take things slowly and build up a good friendship first or at least spend plenty of time getting to know each other). My messages are largely just generic "hey, hows things?" or "did you get up to much today?"
    I know he has friends who invite him to play games and he's big into his multiplayer fpses so I'm not sure if this is him genuinely being busy and not noticing (I tend to message him after he's been online and idle for 3 hours around 10:30pm) or if he's freaked out and is trying to back off (I am a part of a steam gayming group which he would have seen when he added me but we were chatting away on it over a day after we added each other so....).

I feel kinda embarrassed about this post as i've had a similar sort of experience in the past which didn't end well and I'm getting some minor similar vibes here but I figured I'd like some advice as if it's worth working on things here I want to at least try (given that out of my 7 relationships only 2 of them were with perfectly neurotypical and lovely guys :eusa_doh: )

Thanks