1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he out of my league?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlythebulls13, May 13, 2016.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone, me again lol.

So I started talking to a guy online. Things started out pretty good, and to be honest, I really didnt expect things to develop. I figured id just check out some guys and that would be the extent of it. I was mistaken.

I got a message from a guy with a somewhat blurry pic, thought it'd just be one of those trolls who try to get you to join another site and become a paying member. Again, mistaken. He sent clear pics and no mention of another site lol. Onto the pics.... whoa, he was around my age, great body with abs... not chiseled but def had abs. Nice round butt, good looking hispanic/Italian guy.

So we started talking and things were going good. He then asked for more of my pics, so i sent them. He said i had a nice dick and ass. Yay me! Lol.

So heres my problem. He wants to hook up, i told him that i could probably have him over on monday or during the week sometime. He was cool with it and even started asking what i have planned and positions and etc. This guy is unbelievably sexy and im over weight and not super confident in myself.

Was it dumb of me to invite him over? Is he out of my league? Do i just ball up and have a good time? Ive never been with a guy who was so damn attractive. I always think that the real hott guys wouldnt lower their standards, but i know that it happens and i guess im just looking for advice, as i ramble on making no sense.
    Thanks everybody!(!)
    Wish me luck if you think i should follow through with him.

2. PrettyinPunk

First off let me say congrats and good luck!

As for your question, I don't know about being out of anyone's league but he's seen your pics, and finds you attractive. That's good enough isn't it? If you guys get along and are both safe and consenting I think your good to go. Try to have a little self confidence, that's more sexy than abs anyway. (In my humble opinion)

3. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Believe me, beeing attractive and sexy doesn't mean that he has a good heart. As far as I know, many of us are experiencing problems with our look (though not me, because I'm a confident b*tch. xD)... The point is to be more and more confident when situations like this uprise (like PrettyinPunk said).
    The main beauty is not in your outside look, but your inside one. Trying is not making yourself a death-wish, but a kick for moving forward, if you fail and he doesn't like you- so be it, you tried.. Warrior is the one, who is brave enough to stand after lost, but fool is the one, who won't even lift a finger to find his happiness.
    I wish you the best and definitely not waste this option. :thumbsup:

#3 Hieron, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  4. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    PrettyinPunk, youre absolutely correct. From our conversations, it is pretty obvious this guy is attracted to me. I think its just that im really into this guy and dont want to screw it up, i just started a new work out routine so i was hoping id be able to shed a few pounds before an encounter but oh well lol.

Hieron, Thanks for the advice and the motivation. I am going to go through with it. Hes just so attractive and if it turns out to be a one night stand type of thing, well... then i hooked up with a real hott guy heheh.
    Just have to say this as well...great Lao Tzu quote. Im a practicing taoist myself, nice to see fellow Lao Tzu fans :slight_smile:

Ill let you guys know how everything plays out. But as it stands right now, hes going to be coming over to my place on monday.

#4 onlythebulls13, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  5. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey! Of course, you should follow through with this if you want to have sex with this guy. People speak casually of "leagues" to simplify the world, but in reality, most people don't operate under such a concept. You probably are very attractive to his eyes, so have a great time! Since he's coming over and you will be alone with him in private, maybe you could let a friend know that a stranger is coming over, just to be safe. Or ask them to check up on you later in the day?

6. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AlmostBlue, I think you make some really good points. I just need to stop worrying, relax and enjoy the fact that this guy wants to hookup with me.

A bit of an update too. He messaged me yesterday afternoon and was seeing what I was up to because he wanted us to meetup. I had to tell him I couldnt. I was helping my buddy move, then i asked if he would be around later that night but he was busy.

Not a great update but a little one lol. It really seems like this guy is into me. Or does he just want to get off? In which case, wouldnt that still technically means hes into me? I cant really see myself actively trying to hookup with a guy that im not into.

Ill let you guys know more of whats going on tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes great. He said hes looking for a guy to hookup up with somewhat regularly and doesnt like having hookups with multiple guys just one that can last a while. Hopefully i dont completely fall for this guy, hes not completely out yet either and i dont think hes looking for a hookup to turn into a relationship... although i really wouldnt mind that.... rambling again... thanks everyone!

#6 onlythebulls13, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  7. DoctorSir

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    All you can do is wait and see. Congratulations to you, I'm a bit jealous :icon_wink

8. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He does seem into you! I know a lot of thoughts go through your mind, but take it one step at a time. You don't really know him yet either, so be sure to think of your encounter with him as a way to get to know him! Then you can start thinking about how it goes between you two. You are still meeting Monday right? Have fun!

9. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bit of an update. We exchanged emails this morning. It really wasnt going to be a good day for either of us so we postponed the hookup.

The next time we meet up though, it is gunna be in one of our cars and itll just be me giving him head. I think itll be better to meet up with him and slowly work into us having sex.

Its not a great update but kind of the status quo. Itll also give me some more time to go out and get a much needed haircut and shave. My hair has grown way to long and i havent shaved in so long that my beard looks like tormund giantsbane ( the guy with the red beard from game of thrones.... yes im a big nerd)

Ill let you guys know more as it happens. Hopefully things more along quickly!

10. Sandmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey something I didn't see anyone point out is that he could be a catfish. I'm not saying he is but I don't know the details like you do. Keep an eye out.

#10 Sandmann, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  11. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I was just wondering how it's going with this guy!

12. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey almostblue,
    There honestly hasnt been much progress, as disappoonting as that is. The span of time between responses via email have just gotten longer and longer. Pretty disappointed. I had high hopes, but i think i was aiming too high to start, esp with being so inexperienced with gay hookups and dating. Ive only ever hooked up with one guy before through a hookup app and it was kinda fun but pretty disastrous.
    I really dont doubt that he was into me though, which is a real nice confidence boost but i think me being scared and apprehensive didnt help my situation.
    The thing i really need is to start dating and come out already! I dont believe that using hookup apps or going on Craigslist is the best idea for someone like me.
    I will be heading down to pride fest in chicago next week and the parade too. I will not allow myself to skip either event. The only problem with that is, ive never gone to any kind of pride event and ill being going by myself... which is a lil scary for someone on the introverted side.

13. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear that! Is there still a possibility to ask directly to hang out with this guy? There's not much to lose by asking right? Maybe just say something along the lines of: Hey we've been chatting a while, do you wanna get coffee/movie/come hang out at my place/etc at this time this day? If not, what time works for you?

I think it's easy for things to dissolve if you don't meet in person. The key is to suggest concrete activity and a specific time, and offer them an opportunity to do the same in return. (I'm still rooting for you and this apparently super good looking guy...haha)

But I think you are right that hookup apps aren't exactly what you're looking for at this point. Going to gay pride sounds like a tough hurdle, but it could be a great experience! Maybe you can ask others here for some advice. People often bring up LGBT sport clubs, groups, volunteering, etc. as a good way to meet new people. If you can bring a friend along to the pride, maybe that would make it easier as well.