1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoyed with Family Members on Social Media

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AngelLikesSpace, May 16, 2016.

1. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had a Facebook that I've used to add people from school and family members on for about 5 years now. It's really become only a Facebook for family members now, but especially after the bathroom issue happening around the USA lately, I've seen some really annoying things posted by family members (even closely related ones that I have to see a lot) and have kind of gotten pissed off about it. I'm not out to any of the family members on there and I've wanted to completely get rid of it for awhile and stop talking to certain family members as much, but I guess I'm kind of worried that, especially closely related family members, will get upset with me and be rude to me about deleting my Facebook. I feel like I already get yelled at enough and don't really want to get yelled at more over that.

Has anyone else had this issue where you still have to talk to some toxic close family members and those family members expect you to be on social media with the whole family? Did you completely remove those family members and/or delete the account or did you keep it and just never got on until you became more distanced from them? If you deleted certain family members and/or the whole account, did you lie about why you did it or told the truth and said you didn't like what they were posting? Were you worried about how very closely related family members would react?

2. AngryMomo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey hi
    why don´t you just click the option where they are occulted from your Facebook wall? that way you get to know how they react when you don't interact with them but still can know your profile and you won´t feel offended by their comments

3. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    They're not really doing it on my Facebook profile but in my news feed. I don't even post on Facebook because my family complains about everything I post.

4. xAce

Out Status:
    A few people
    You can block people on your newsfeed. You stay friends with them but you no longer see what they post or share. I've had to do that to a couple of my family members because of bigoted or anti-LGBT statements they've made. You just press the down arrow thing in the upper right hand corner and click it. Then you just click unfollow. I hope this helps!

5. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend said she unfollowed her mom on there and her mom somehow saw that? She said her mom can see who follows her but I've never really seen where you can see who's following you on there unless you let more than just friends follow you. Did any of your family members notice?

6. xAce

Out Status:
    A few people
    So far, I haven't heard any complaints other than the usual ones from them so I don't think they noticed but maybe they just didn't comment on it. I feel like they are the kind of people that would though so I don't think they can tell if you unfollow them.

7. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just unfollowed some family members on Facebook. Thank you

8. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My Facebook page is private but I do know a guy who also have a lot of his family members on his page which includes a lot of naked pictures of him in various poses and talking a lot about his sex life as well. I found this to be really strange especially when his mom and grandmother would post messages letting him know how disappointed they are or why is he posting naked pictures of himself which by the way have been censored or suspended many times for doing so. I have to say that I totally understood his family
    s reaction because I feel that if you have family members such as your mom and grandmother, etc. you should have respect not to post such pictures for them to see and leave comments that you feel is humiliating and embarrassing. However, for me...I could not have family members on my page no matter what the circumstances were...just my opinion on this subject matter.