1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling pathetic :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheDudeAbides11, May 16, 2016.

1. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sigh. For months I've had a crush on a guy who seems to like me back. We seem to have a lot in common and he seems really nice. However every chance I've had to get to know him, I've chicken out. He keeps arranging times for us to talk and is near me often but I can't bring myself to capitalize on these opportunities. Partially out of social anxiety and partially because I'm still nervous about coming out (mainly due to homophobic family members). Despite all the times I've ignored him he still seems to like me and continues to try to get closer to me. I feel horrible for blowing him off so much and I don't want him to give up and move on. But I'm too gutless to talk to him. I feel so pathetic! Sigh, maybe he is better off moving on than wasting his time on someone like me :icon_sad:

2. gryf

If he's arranging things. Just say yes.

He did the work. Much easier to say yes, than to ask.

He obviously likes you it wouldn't still be trying. :slight_smile:

3. CharacterStudy

What would you feel comfortable doing with this guy? Could you have conversations via phone, or text, or social media, if 1:1 in person conversations are scaring you? Could you see him with mutual friends, to take the pressure off, or do an activity together like suggest the two of you volunteer for a (off the top of my head) litter pick or something?

4. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel I would be more comfortable talking to him on social media but I tried adding him and he didn't accept. So I feel he likes direct in person conversations, which is what I'm afraid off. I wish I could just buck up and ask him to hang out, just the two of us.