1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot come out to my mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by breathoflife, May 17, 2016.

1. breathoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mom is the only family that I have. I have no idea who my father is and my grandparents don't matter to me (sounds bad but they hate my mom and I with a burning passion)

My mom is extremely homophobic. She hates everything with LGBT+. I doubt she could even name the letters in LGBT.
    I cannot come out to anyone before her because all my friends are also my coworkers and my mom is also my oworker. So if they find out and betray my trust or it slips out some how then my mom will find out and that is an issue that I am not prepared to deal with emotionally.

My mom and I butt heads on nearly everything now a days because she is extremely Christian and conservative and I'm more liberal and...non religious (not atheistic just not really any one religion)

I want to tell her who I am and that her only daughter is a wonderful bisexual but I know she wouldn't believe me.she'd blame it on me being around gay people my entire life (big hint there mom) and she'd argue with me until she was blue in the face that I became bisexual and that no one is born homosexual.
    I want to hate her just as I do any homophobe but she's my mom and I need her to know who I am. I alreasy have very low self esteem and this isn't helping me. I've been crying for hours now because I was on the verge of telling her today when we got in a fight about the bathrooms at target.

I don't know what to do and any advice would be great.