1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another post about dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JGriss, May 17, 2016.

1. JGriss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, first post. Hello there people! Thanks for any future answer that you might write.

So, onto business. I'm an undergraduate student during finals week, and I'm almost done with all of my responsibilities. And yet in my free time, my mind wanders towards this guy I met during this semester.

Towards... February, I think? A friend of mine, a really sociable, outgoing guy, organized a meet up between a bunch of people from my career . It's called digital engineering, a new program that started two years ago in my college. Most people know each other. I like that because we're a tight little family. Anyways, the meet up was to see Deadpool on screen, and I met lots of new friends there. Between them I met this guy, and we really hit it off. I didn't even know he was gay, and he didn't know the same about me until a few months later. And by that time I already thought he was a lovely human being.

Fast forward to today, evening time, as I write this. I haven't seen him since last week, and I don't think I'll see him until next semester, unless I do something about it. I've never talked to him on facebook, mainly because I use it for work, and if I'm spending quality time with someone, I think it's better to do it in person. But I've weighed the options, and I believe the only way to ask him out is to either do it on facebook, find him by COMPLETE chance as I deliver my final papers at the university, or wait until next semester. And I'm not sure what to do.

Now that my problem is written, let me unload the weight of my chest by telling you about him. He is one year younger than me. Smiles a lot. Curses a lot, too, and yet I think it's funny because I don't like to do it, so we kind of balance each other out. And... I'm not sure, because I'm really bad at detecting it, but I think he came onto me a month ago. However, I didn't plan to do anything about it, silly me, until now. Overall, he is a great person. And responsible, according to his friends. I don't know about you, but responsibility is kind of hot.

So, any suggestions?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're out to each other, and you're picking up on vibes from him, and feeling attracted to him yourself, I think it would be reasonable to ask him out. :slight_smile: Or, if you're not quite ready to do that, you could exchange contact information (phones, or whatever), and keep in touch with him after the end of the semester.

But if you like him, and at the very least want to stay in touch, I wouldn't just let summer go and say nothing for months (Turn it on its head - what would you assume if he disappeared and didn't contact you for several months? I doubt that's the message you want to send!).

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Gravity. I would at the very least try to friend him on Facebook so you can keep in contact and if anything, just try to grow your friendship for the time being. Go out for lunch, hang out together, or even just text/talk. That will give you more time to see where things go and if you guys both want to connect further.