1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MsHapa79, May 17, 2016.

1. MsHapa79

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, all, I met a great woman online several weeks ago. We met for the first time last week and there's definitely mutual affection and (dare I say) attraction. Anyway, she was ill this past weekend and has finals this week AND she's traveling to Europe & Russia for a freaking month. I won't see her for a second date before she leaves :frowning2: we're just getting to know each other but I seriously care about her.

Who knows how to speed time up? Lol

i have a friend who suggested I date others while she's gone, but I won't do that. I don't play those games.

2. jmkfour

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Is there a chance to do a long term communication? Like emails or skype chats. It really does depend on how you two perceive each other (is it friends or something more). They are going to be away for a significant amount of time and you need to ask yourself how serious is this relationship.

The best thing you can do i think is speak with this person and see where they stand on this. If they want to continue speaking with you be sure you know why and see how you guys can stay in contact while she's away.

as for your friends suggesting you date others while she's away, that may imply they do not see your interaction with this person as serious as of right now. but i don't know the full story so that's speculation on my part.

hope some of this helps. Good luck with it

3. sempai

Do your own thing. The second date will be worth it.

4. MsHapa79

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jmkfour, we both know that we care about each other as more than friends. She said that she'll send me videos & texts whenever she's near wifi, and I'll do the same.

A month is a long time, but if it's the beginning of something bigger, than the separation will be worth it. I might also add that the friend who told me to date others is 11 years younger than me (I'm 37), so there's that age gap perception thing lol