1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lightsonwater, May 22, 2016.

1. lightsonwater

The only person my girlfriend has come out to is me, so our relationship is completely secret (except a couple of my friends know, with her permission and she hasn't met them yet).

It doesn't bother me too much because I just want to be with her so I wouldn't let it get in the way, but sometimes I feel a bit like it's dragging me back into the closet too? I'm sort of halfway out (I don't tell my family but I'm open about it with school friends and I'm not really scared about having to tell people) but I'm still trying to gain confidence and having to pretend we're not together is getting a little bit exhausting and kind of sad for me, as I would love to be open about being in a relationship with a girl (I think it would help me)

It feels a bit like she's ashamed of me, and we can't hold hands in public or anything, which I don't care about really but it would be so nice to be able to be affectionate towards her when I want to.

Is this a healthy relationship? Is there anything I could do to make the situation better for either of us? I've already told her she can take as long she wants to come out but lately I've been feeling like in her mind that means never.... :confused:

2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're only 15 which means she's probably young too. When I met my wife 20 years ago she was hiding so far back I'm the closet it was funny. But we were in love so over time she relaxed more and started to live her life. Now we are out to everyone. We hold hands in public, snuggle at the movie theater....pretty much do whatever we want to do. Give it time she will get there. The more comfortable she is with herself then she won't feel the need to hide.

#2 OutofZCloset, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016