1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for my best friend!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tay98, May 23, 2016.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so i have this friend who i've known for almost 6 years now. We've always been super close and our friendship is great. But lately i've stated to develop feelings for her. I don't really know what to do. She thinks i'm straight, and i'm pretty sure that she's straight too. There will be times when we'll hug or hold hands and i never want to let go. Recently she's been saying things like "i'd totally date you if i was bi" and she told me about this dream that she had with a girl and she said she really liked it. Is this her hinting that she could be bi? I don't now, i just don't want to say something that might ruin our friendship but it's really hard to like someone and not do anything about it.
    any advice? thanks :slight_smile:

2. idsm

"i'd totally date you if i was bi"
    - I'd totally date you if you were bi. :wink:

Seriously, though, yeah. She seems rather receptive.

3. ExistentialWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe you should start by just coming out to her as bisexual. If she has feelings for you this might cause her to come out to you as well, and then you can start dealing with maybe starting a relationship with her.

4. MAR Felix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll G-rate this old saying: Don't poop where you eat!
    A friend is a friend. Leave it at that.
    Add sex to the mixture - sure, fun at first.
    But if true love doesn't blossom, and if you're not doing a scene in some Noel Coward play, there goes the friendship.