1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick advice needed sooner rather than later (plz)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ANerdWhoCares, May 23, 2016.

1. ANerdWhoCares

So, to make a long story short; I've been on the hunt for a potential boyfriend since mid January-ish, and finally I've got a small glimmer of hope. This guy caught my eye right away, and there's no question that he's gay. But the one problem; we've never formally met. The only things I know about him are his name, face, and sexual preference, and to him I'm just another face in the halls at school.

I don't want to rush headfirst into this, rather I want to try and get to be friends before I make any rash decisions, and fuck the whole thing up, and if I'm not interested, keep looking somewhere else. The big problem here though is that I've NEVER made friends on my own. I've always had someone as a common link, starting with my parents knowing other parents with kids when I was little, and continuing to meet friends of theirs as I grew up. I was always introduced to, rather than introducing myself. I just don't know how to make a friend without someone else's help, and now the stakes of doing it are raised higher than normal, since school lets out in 11 days!

The countdown to make a friend, and potentially something more, is ticking down fast! Need advice ASAP! Thank you for your time. :icon_bigg:help:

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First, I'm assuming you have no classes with him? Are you sure none of your friends know him?

If that's the case, then I suppose the only way to create a common ground is to be in the same physical place with him. Do you know where he hangs out, or where his locker is, whether he goes to the library, etc? Your best bet would be to find him there, and ask him a question related to that area. After you come up with an appropriate question, then you can try to prolong the conversation, asking him his grade, his classes, and so forth.

I hope that helps. Being able to introduce yourself and start talking to others is a good skill to acquire, even if this specific boy doesn't end up being your boyfriend. Good luck!

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facebook stalk him. Do you have any mutual friends who could introduce you?

4. littleraven