1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend in love with me platonically?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SneakyNinjaPowR, May 23, 2016.

1. SneakyNinjaPowR

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many months ago, my best friend was sitting in the den with me at my house while we watched Star Wars ep. 6. I took my shirt off cause I was hot, then he did too which usually never happens with him. So we both were sitting there, when suddenly he inches closer to me and lays his head on my shoulder. This just comes out of nowhere, he was never affectionate to me this much in the year or so I knew him. So then I just go and ignore it because I don't know how he really feels. Then he sits up and puts his arm around me. And he tells me "I love you." So I say it back and he just puts his head on my shoulder again. And we're both still shirtless. The thing is he knows I'm gay too, so wtf? He then keeps repeating that he loves me, and he gets up to go to bed and says, "I love you get it?" Over and over. I ignore that too, I don't know why.

So I go to bed so anxious and confused. I get up in the morning depressed and I tell him that I felt like I loved him more than a friend. He just says "It will pass, don't worry." So I feel like after that he seems kind of distant from me. But We quickly get less distant again. We then go to a comic convention and he continues to say things like "You complete me." And he isn't weirded out at all by me saying "I love you." A few times. But I eventually get tired of not being reciprocated for the "love" and I try to hold his hand at the mall. He asks "what are you doing?" And I say nothing and pretend like it didn't happen. The. I felt guilty so an hour later I apologized for trying to hold his hand. He says "it's okay, you just gotta realize I'm straight and I'm not the guy for you." So I was so confused at this point, and changed my mindset to not even hope he loves me like that. It is still confusing as hell though. Why did he act like that for a month then suddenly switch his mind or whatever? He now seems really non affectionate. The last time he hugged me was months ago. He's now not affectionate at all, I don't blame him I guess. But it kinda hurts that he now feels awkward around me like that. I wish it would go back to normal. I still feel like he loves me a lot platonically because he basically begs me to not move away after high school and he has said he would move across the country with me if he could. Just so co fusing to me now.

2. Lyr

Lyr Guest

You should speak to him about it, tell him how his actions leaves you confused, to confirm the thing between him and you.