1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it cool if I vent?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theshreks, May 24, 2016.

1. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey i'm just gonna vent really quickly if that's ok. cool.

I'm 18 i'm in college and i'm just feeling like shit. i can't drive so my mom has to drive me to school everyday. i would take the bus but it's a four hour ride even though i only live 30 minutes away. i've never had a job and i'm ashamed of it. i feel like i should be more independent and i'm not. i know my parents love me but i think their disappointed in me. i think they think i'll end homeless and not able to take care of myself in general. and i have to agree. i don't think i'm gonna be shit sometimes. this is probably the most stressful time of my life.

my dad is trying to get me into dorms which i don't want to do. i'd rather drive everyday but wait i don't have a car and can't drive. i just don't know what to do and i feel like i'm fucking up and that i'm gonna be like 30 still living at home and not doing shit. i do actually do shit btw. i write and draw. i don't have social life sadly. like no friends. ok i have like 4. maybe i'm putting too much pressure of myself. i'm also doing well in college. i got 3 As and 1 B last semester so my GPA is probably good. i'm just going through a lot. being an adult is scary and i'm not ready and i know if i tried now i'd fall straight on my face. *sigh* thanks for letting me vent. i don't have too many people to talk about this with. you can give advice if you want.

later

2. robclem21

Why do you think you would fall straight on your face? You are clearly smart and there is nothing to indicate here that you are irresponsible? Being an adult is simply about managing your time, knowing your limits, knowing when to say yes and when to say no, and making good decisions. It isn't about being perfect and never making mistakes. In fact, making mistakes is almost a certainty and its the only way we really learn how to become independent.

Maybe moving into the dorms on campus is a good thing that your dad is suggesting? It will save you a lot of time traveling (and your parents) and is a good step to getting you on your own while still being in a supportive place. Now is the time to experiment being on your own. Plus, being in a dorm you will be around tons of other people to become friends with and get a social life.

Sometimes it is scary you are right, but once you get out there you will see there' really nothing to be scared of. Every day is a learning experience and we've all been there.

#2 robclem21, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016