1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Seen"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Mindful Wolf, May 25, 2016.

1. A Mindful Wolf

I sent a message yesterday to a girl and I spent the whole day today checking if she had received the message. For the entire day FB and Messenger were telling me that she hadn't seen the message, then suddenly I log on now and it says she saw it yesterday immediately when I posted it?!! What? How is that possible? Is there some setting you can use to make this happen?
    Is there a way I can do this lol (would be helpful, because I'm the type of person that feels bad about not replying but sometimes I just not feeling it).

Also for the record this has been happening with a number of my "friends" (who I do speak to irl also, just so you know, but I have extreme social anxiety that makes approaching groups a physically stressful scenario, along the lines of sweating, throat narrowing and shortness of breath, so I really do like using messenger to keep up with them so they know I'm not an ignorant and arrogant bastard that doesn't talk to people - I have been accused of this lol).

2. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i think for Facebook Messenger, there is an app called Unseen that lets you scroll and check messages and the sender never finds out that you read them, because it nulls the famous ''seen'', the person can still write replies but let's say she doesn't wanna respond to someone, she can use that to kick away proof

3. A Mindful Wolf

Omg I'm sick of this Facebook shit. You are right, I looked it up and it seems this is what happened. I wonder if she has a whitelist/blacklist? Uhhh depressing :/:bang:

4. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Omg I'm sick of this Facebook shit. You are right, I looked it up and it seems this is what happened. I wonder if she has a whitelist/blacklist? Uhhh depressing :/:bang:[/QUOTE]

Yes absolutely, that app is free on the app store at least with Apple store, i'm not sure what whitelist/blacklist is

5. A Mindful Wolf

Yes absolutely, that app is free on the app store at least with Apple store, i'm not sure what whitelist/blacklist is[/QUOTE]

A whitelist would be a list where she can add friends that won't get "unseen". In this case, I would not be on the whitelist.
    A blacklist would be where she adds certain people who will get "unseen". In this case I would be on the blacklist.

#5 A Mindful Wolf, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    A whitelist would be a list where she can add friends that won't get "unseen". In this case, I would not be on the whitelist.
    A blacklist would be where she adds certain people who will get "unseen". In this case I would be on the blacklist.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, i once used that app i don't remember the app itself to have those options but that was a while ago, it was pretty much a version of Messenger that let you read everything without being seen, but they might have changed it

7. A Mindful Wolf

gotcha, i once used that app i don't remember the app itself to have those options but that was a while ago, it was pretty much a version of Messenger that let you read everything without being seen, but they might have changed it[/QUOTE]

#sadness

If people find me clingy I wish they would tell me rather than be secretive :/ I've told them I have anxiety issues, like they know, I've told them to tell me if I'm too much...:confused:

8. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    sorry about that, it would be much easier if people tell honestly who they want to talk to or not than actually doing that but seems they work it out differently, i did too had bad experiences with facebook friends which is in part why i stopped using it

9. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I so relate to your anxiety issues and clingyness. I'm battling this right now. I wish people would just tell me as well.

10. A Mindful Wolf

It's hard for people like us I think...but we're usually sweet when you get to know us :]