1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you ask someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, May 26, 2016.

1. StartANewLifE

Just wondering...like how did you do it?

Did you like just ask right away: "Will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend"?

or are there like subtle clues or things and then you just know it right there,
    all of a sudden —you were a couple?

2. Noir

Well I've only dated one person officially, but we'd basically been spending all our time together stuck at the hip like glue, and we both knew the other one was gay. One night when I walked her back to her dorm and was saying goodnight, she just asked me, "So are we girlfriends now, or...?" I just asked her, "Do you want to be?" We both agreed, so I just declared, "then we'll both be each other's first girlfriends."

It's not very romantic, but it was pretty cute, and I'm glad that she actually thought to ASK and validate our relationship so that neither of us would be confused about where we stood.

3. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It generally isn't picturesque and like movies/tv. In some cases it's the validation scenario as mentioned and sometimes, it is just knowing. But, there are times it's more like a game of cat and mouse. Setting the stage for the trap, with asking setting the stage.

Some people like to be pursued and wanted. Subtle ways of flirting and the such. Playful hints at hard to get. Just like some want to be asked out. Meaning that not always do you just ask be and be dating in the sense of a couple, some want the physical you take me out on a date and we go home. Do that a few times before officially being considered a couple.

Personally, I like the thought of a gentleman caller. The game of cat and mouse can be fun. I think I should be allowed to set a challenge for my suitors. I'd rather them take the time to take me out on a date, no matter how simple. Even if it's just to the park to swing or a walk. Lead up to the kiss and lead up to being a couple. Anticipation... I like it.

But, yes... there are times that you... Just know. ~_^ But, remember you could have a longer and more stable/lasting relationship if the time is taken to make the foundation before the "coupling" stage. You'll know which you like better when you experience. I like to be taken out on a date and have them work for my love and attention. ~_^ Same as myself, I like the challenge. It can be fun and frustrating at the same time. But, worth it.

#3 A Seraphim Moon, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. QueerQueen

Me and my ex (now) had been talking and she asked me what she was to me, I asked her what she wanted to be and she replied everything. Then a day after or so she asked "your mine right?" and I said of course. I thought it was super adorable.

I'm not a fan of the whole "will you be my girlfriend?" thing. I'd rather establish things in a different way.