1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing a psychic tomorrow - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, May 27, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tomorrow I am seeing a psychic at a spiritual market event.
    I'm really nervous but excited.
    I've been going through a very tough time lately. For the past three years I've been in love with a friend and have not told anyone. I recently came out to three close friends who were really supportive though.

Of coarse we've all been through/are currently going through the process of accepting ourselves. And for me the process has not been easy, and I am one who fears rejection a lot so this made it hard.

I have so much I'd like to ask the psychic and I'm not sure what everyone's views are on psychics but my family is quite spiritual. I have two aunties who were heavily involved in playing the ouija board back in the day, they've both told me stories of experiences with spirits and have both seen psychics. One psychic told my aunt that her mother (My grandma) was present (she had recently passed) and Brought up specific memories etc.

I'm very eager to bring up the love I have had for this friend for three years, I want to somehow find out if she ever felt the same way as my gut instinct always told me she did.
    What is everyone's thoughts and has anyone got any stories to share of seeing a psychic? What am I in for?

Also, I have a very close relationship with my sister who I am going with. Our older brother is also gay and our parents are accepting but do not speak of his 'lifestyle' and it is a taboo subject. I love my sister, but she bitches about my brother a lot to me and when she's angry calls him a 'faggot' and 'pussy' which angers me and she always goes 'Why do you care? He is?'. She claims to not be homophobic but always has something to say about gay people, e.g 'There's nothing wrong with it, but...'

She has no idea I'm gay although I dress quite masculine and haven't had a relationship/been involved with a boy for a year and a half now. I want so badly to tell her but she'll be shocked, when we discussed what I'd talk to the psychic about she said 'You have no real problems or difficulties in your life to really discuss I don't know why your seeing one, unlike me who had gone through stuff'. I replied and said 'You have no idea what I've gone through, you don't know EVERYTHING about me'. And she mocked me and said I couldn't of possibly been through anything at my age blah blah

#1 treasure1996, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While my belief in the spiritual sense is curious at worst and dubious at best, I have always been skeptic about "fake" godmen and psychics and the like. However, having said that, my family and I do frequent a godman and he hasn't led us astray or made a fake prediction/suggestion/blessing to date. So I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt.

3. A Mindful Wolf

I think it's utter bologne, and even if it WERE real, asking for/about love is extremely selfish and self-entitled attitude. You should improve your situation with real life possibilities.

4. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    if you feel must go, go, otherwise (no intention to ruin your enthusiasm) keep a few things in mind:

1) psychic on a job market? if it involves ''sudden money for a read/job'' look out
    2) if they are garnered with gypsie families, be more on the look out, i'm not generalizing them they are not all the same but in my country is a common scheme going on all the time including on tourists
    3) you can do a consultation but remember if then you get ''super excited'' on a job she can do for you but that job costs a high number, be wary

i met one when i was kid in my district, i was obsessed with a girl (typical teen) and she turned out to be those types, luckily i didn't wasted more than 20 bucks a consultation lols, she appeared on the news years after with the headline of ''scammer arrested'' pd: also keep in mind, ask things back when she is asking you, meaning reply with more questions of simple nature, sounds silly but hey...example

''Treasure 1996, i see you are in love with a girl?
    what is her natural hair color?
    If is black and she said blonde...you get the idea, good luck

#4 Spiderstalker, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a very, very few people that seem to have some ability that goes beyond simple lucky guesses and cold reading. And about 99% are guessing and cold reading. The best and most accurate psychics (to the extent there are any) insist that you only say "yes" or "no", and don't allow you to say anything else, or to elaborate, so that your words can't influence what the psychic says. But there aren't many that work this way because... most are fakes.

So my suggestion -- if you want *accurate* answers (and this makes the enormous assumption that this person is real) is to tell as little as possible, and to frame your questions so that they give absolutely no information for the psychic to "tell you what you want to hear."

For example, if you're trying to get info about whether the person has feelings, you might try framing the question as the *opposite* of what answer you want to be... "I have this person that I've always felt doesn't like me or looks down on me"... or something like that. If the psychic is real, then s/he will contradict you and tell you the truth. If s/he is cold reading, then the answer will build on what you've told her. Just be sure that your eyes and your body language don't "give away" what you want to hear either.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but assuming that what you are really after is honest and accurate information, that would be the best way to go about it.