1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to support my girlfriend, advice/insight please!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dinosaur34, May 27, 2016.

1. dinosaur34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello!
    I'm been involved with my girlfriend for about 7ish months or so and last night she disclosed to me that she hates having breasts. She has kept them covered up the entire time we've been together and has in the past made it clear they are off-limits but never said why. I haven't pushed the issue, but have wondered what was going on there. So last night she told me that she doesn't identify as trans, she likes being a woman, she has been told by a therapist that she is normal to feel that way about her breasts, but she doesn't feel like it's normal because she's constantly uncomfortable having breasts, not just in times of intimacy. She said she is finding it distressing as our relationship progresses because she doesn't want to disappoint me but she really doesn't see herself ever feeling comfortable having breasts. I asked her what would make her happy regarding her body, and she said not having breasts at all. Otherwise, she loves being a woman and very much feels like that's what she is.
    So my question is, I obviously want to support her in any way I can. She told me she has looked into surgically removing them and that's what would make her happy. This is a financial possibility in the near future for her, and I've told her that she's got my full support and should go for it.
    I'm hoping I'm supporting an emotionally healthy decision. Overall, she's a very confident and stable person.
    Is this something other people here have encountered, and if so, has the distress regarding breasts been alleviated once the surgery was completed?
    Thanks!

2. sempai

Just keep being there for her, and always try to understand and support her because that's all that anyone really needs. :slight_smile: