1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone for ever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yeahyeah, May 30, 2016.

1. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm writing because I feel like I'm going to be alone the rest of my life (Sorry if that sounds dramatic lol). My bf (I guess my ex now) and I broke up, we had a two and a half years relationship so yeah I felt sad when this happened but we still friends (we talked about our relationship and we end it in a mature way). The thing is that now I don't want to be with anybody, I mean, first of all I don't feel ready to date someone or to hang out with someone; second, if I decide to date, it will be so difficult, because I really don't feel I have good social skills. I don't even have a lot of friends. besides my not good social skills, I don't want to get to know anyone, maybe I'm lazy. So yeah, do you think I'm wrong? What should I do if I'm going to be alone the rest of my life anyway. Oh and just so you know, I'm not saying I need a bf to be happy or that saying I'm going to be alone means I'm going to be sad.

2. HunterRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey , I'm sorry here to hear that you're going through a rough time right now, but don't worry, you're just out of a long term relationship and you're still grieving that relationship right now and that's ok. Not wanting to date someone right now is absolutely normal, and it's better than dating someone for the sake of it, instead of actually wanting to date that person specifically. Right now, you just have to focus on yourself, and build your self-esteem back up after this. What are your hobbies and interests? Is there any clubs or events related to those that you could attend, that would give you a common bond as you attempt to meet new people and make more friends? Or perhaps even talk to those friends you do have about wanting to improve your social skills if you find them lacking?