1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealousy over my best friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AmityAffection, May 30, 2016.

1. AmityAffection

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a guy and since last year have had feelings for my best friend. While it bothered me he would never feel the same way to me, I got used to it. Today though, he had told the group chat how he spent the night over at a girl's house and...well you get the picture. While i'm happy he found someone to date and hang out with, I felt a lot of jealousy, and felt kinda sick. I've never felt like this before, what can I do to get over it?:confused:

2. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

The feeling of rejection can come to anyone, straight or rainbow (hehe). You just have to know that your feelings for him won't be reciprocated and there are better (and sexier!) people out there who you can have relationships with. Ones with reciprocal feelings. :slight_smile:

3. Comet

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but I may have some advice.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, so I may project some stuff. What you should do first is find out who specifically you're jealous of... Are you jealous of him because he found someone who cares for him? Or are you jealous of the girl because she got to be close to him?

Either way, I think the best bet would be to talk to someone in real life about it. It doesn't have to be him if you're uncomfortable, maybe a different friend, or a parent, or just anyone who makes you comfortable. Try to find out what about it is making you jealous, and what you can do about it to fix it. More often than not, the answer is normally time. It sucks now, but after a while the feeling will fade.

4. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nothing. move on and find someone who is in to you