1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now... My stupid self-doubt

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ETCA, May 31, 2016.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So it's done. I've told her about my depression, self-harm, suicide, all the juicy stuff. Now my problem enlies in my own thoughts and self-doubts. Again, her story is so much worse than mine, she's gone through everything I've gone through and more. Now, it's eating at me that now that she knows, she'll realize just how weak I am and how I make problems of nothing (I suppose, like now). I'd rather not voice these thoughts to her considering they could be considered insulting to her, which is the farthest thing from what I'm thinking. But I know if I let this grow it could very well become a problem. Does anyone know how to overcome this fear of inadequacy and this self-doubt?

2. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, give yourself some time, you'll realise in a few days that there's no reason for anything to change and she should view you the same way. If things change, then that'll be a reason to have another talk. For now, just take it a day at a time.

3. Just Call Me Ky

Hey @ETCA, your life and struggles are just as valid as hers are. I am going through the same thing right now actually. My friend is going through so much and last year a bunch of shit kept happening to her and this year it got worse. She has anxiety to the point she is throwing up and she was victim to depression and self harm among so many other things. I too have depression and anxiety and I can't mention it because she needs help more than I do. However, this situation that we are both in right now is what makes us strong. Understanding and knowing that others are going through worse and putting our struggles aside to help them heal as we fight along side them is what makes who we are great. You have been through just enough to know how to handle a situation and have a taste of your friends pain but you aren't broken by it and that is what makes you strong enough to pull her through whatever it is she is struggling with. The fact that you chose to post this on here instead of talking to her (as much as you want to) proves that you are not weak, you are considerate and sympathetic and don't ever lose that. You both will get through this difficult time and heal. Be as confident as you can and embrace what life has thrown at you to make the most of it. Best of luck. -Ky