1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart Broken

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by magyar, Jun 1, 2016.

1. magyar

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A year ago I fell for a guy. We both worked at the same place so I would see him on a per diem basis. I would check the schedule to see when he was on and bring food so we could eat together. It was the only time I got to spend with him. He was a friendly guy and would like to hug after we had dinner. I did tell him that I loved him., and on Christmas and Valentines Day lavished on him. Just recently we went overseas on vacation together. The night before we left he shows up at work and tells me he has a surprise for me. Turns out it was his girlfriend who he has been living with for the past year. In the whole year I was with him he never mentioned a girlfriend much less that he was living with her. I felt devastated! He surely was not that blind to see that I had had feelings for him. He talked with her nights the whole time we were away but at least he went out of the room.When we got back I dove him home and the feeling I was getting from him was like hurry up and get me home. She kept calling him asking how much longer. When I got him home I gave him his stuff as I did not want to have to go inside for the reunion. I just said well I guess I see you around and left. I felt like I had been stabbed in the chest. I want to move on but I hurt so bad. Does it ever heal? I still may run into him at work but I am going to try not to.

2. Atreyo

Atreyo Guest

First off, no human is this dense. I can be a pretty dense person, but I would not have been ignorant of your advances. The fact that he led you on as he did, knowing full well you were into him (he knew) is deplorable.

And then he tells you he has a "surprise" which ends up being his girlfriend? How is that a surprise for you? How do you benefit from this reveal? And why in the living hell did he go on vacation with you if he had a girlfriend? The hell?

I am very sorry you had to go through such false pretenses. I am so sorry.

Don't give this guy the time of day anymore. I wouldn't waste a second speaking to him. I know it may be easier said than done, but try your hardest not to be in the dumps about this. You couldn't have known and he played you for a fool. It will heal, for sure. I can't really say how long it'll take though.

Try not to think much of him though, he isn't worth the head space.

#2 Atreyo, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  3. A Mindful Wolf

I gotta agree with Atreyo, nobody is this dense. If what you say is true, there's no way he didn't know, I mean you even said it to him! Showing you his girlfriend seems like some sort of flaunting, but maybe it could be a signal? Is it possible that he's closeted and showing you what his situation is?