1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice to get rid of Unwanted Relative!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ram90, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm trying to keep this short.

My paternal grandmother has this relative, let's call him K. K has had a horrible childhood and loads of financial and family problems (His mom and brother passed away and his dad left the house) and he's married with a wife and 2 kids. He lies a lot, his wife is a substance abuser and a kleptomaniac and his kids are basically traumatized because of all of this but go along with it all.

He depends on relatives for everything and basically has a habit of locating a well-to-do relative and mooching off them travelling place to place because of this. My dad's cousin called up my dad and warned her since everyone in my extended family know my dad is more than well-to-do compared to everyone else and is large-hearted. He helps everyone.

We didn't know all of this about him and K came over last Sunday and basically had Breakfast, Lunch and left in the evening (My dad had to pick him up and drop him). He took a good look at our huge house and everything.

My dad's cousin (my aunt) rushed over yesterday and spoke to my Dad and Grandma and told them not to trust him and told us everything about him. My mom was furious when I told her over the phone (She's on a 1 month stay in USA with my sister) and said she hates all my grandma's relatives since they have a lot of negative energy and are selfish and mooch off people.

My dad basically said he'd help K and even offered to house K for a week or two till he can get on his feet. K asked me dad outright for 100,000 rupees (~1500 dollars) and my dad gave hum 10,000 (~150 dollars). My Aunt said that's a bad idea since he won't return money, he's already taken hundreds of thousands of rupees from relatives and everything and that he'll just come by and stay for ever. My aunt's sister had to get police help to kick them out of the house and to recover money from credit cards they stole and used.

My grandma stays alone at home. My dad goes to work and I'm out most of the day for classes and other errands. She's an old lady who can't walk around much and therefore is helpless is K shows up at our door, family and luggage in tow when we aren't around.

We do stay in a gated community of houses and our security guards will bar entry to anyone we say we don't want in. But it does seem harsh and we're trying to make sure he doesn't turn up here. We hate to turn away relatives and go to the extent of using physical violence against him, but this is crazy! :frowning2: