1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her how I feel? Or should I give up?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Jun 3, 2016.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i've like this girl since (let's call her tiff) my sophomore of high school. I always used to hug tiff (long hugs). I used to bring snacks to class, and one day tiff asked me where is her snack? So every since then I brought an extra snack or juice to school. My junior year of high school, tiff best friend was talking in class and I over heard her say that tiff liked her. Even though I had information that she might be bi, I never told her how I felt( I was afraid she would laugh at me and tell everyone). Now (3 years after high school) tiffs in the navy and is stationed in Japan. Now I'm finally feeling brave enough to tell her how I feel, however I think tiff is dating some guy she's stationed with. And to be honest feel like that should be me with her. However I feel like I should give up because she's probably not leaving that guy and I missed my chance with her. What should I do? I don't want to regret this. Please any tips or ideas are welcomed. Thanks

2. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like a real shot in the dark. Can you give some more details, like did you two ever hangout after school? If so, what was that like? Did you confide in each other? Where you close friends?

3. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    we never hung out together outside of school. the closes thing I could describe our relationship as cordial. like my sophomore year of high school, we had a class together and we would talk and sit by each other in class. after my sophomore year we didn't have classes together until my senior year( she by me, help me cheat, talk etc,). it's the same thing if I would run into her at the mall. I was thinking about logging on to one of my friends snapchat or asking one of my friends to go on snapchat to ask her what she always thought about me. hopefully she has few good words about me.:eusa_doh:

4. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so how do u guys talk now? social media? id say u should tell her the truth..tell her how u felt then and tell her how u feel now, get it off ur chest..whats the worst that can happen, shes probly going to be far from u anyways id say just do it and see what she says, who knows maybe its what u need to hear in order to move on (considering she has a boyfriend and she really likes him) but who knows maybe she felt similar feelings...i mean whats done is done right? dont place ur life on hold like this...it took me 8 years to get over the regrets i had over letting one get away..the sooner u do it the sooner u can know and if anything have sum sort of closure..

5. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We talk on social media, but every now and then. I think I'm going to tell her but I don't know what to say. How would you start the conversation? Hey tiff, sorry it took 3 years, however, I just wanted to tell you I always had feelings for you... What do I say/end the conversation if she doesn't feel the same? These last couple of days, this is all I've been thinking about, she's all I've been thinking about. And I have no idea, what to do/say if she did or does have feelings for me? I often question myself, what do I have to offer? What can I say to her to let her know that I'm serious, and that I want to be there for her. But how do I say that without coming on too strong. Ugh, these thoughts.