1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing advice for my first lesbian relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by allison, Jun 5, 2016.

1. allison

Hi,
    I am 21 and I came out to my friends in January after struggling with my sexual orientation for years. I had a crush on a girl when I first came out, and after finding the courage to tell her I was gay, we started talking a few weeks later and eventually started dating. Today it has been 2 months since I asked her to be my girlfriend.

However, I am torn about our relationship. I feel like we argue often over little things. Sometimes she will appear irritated for no reason and snap at me. We went to the beach together, and she got irritated with me at least once a day and we ended up bickering about it.. Another example is when I bought myself a watch the other day, and she got upset with me because she wanted to buy it for me for my birthday. She was irritated with me for an hour because of that. But I had no idea she planned to buy it for me. To me, it's really important to have emotional support, empathy, and warm in a relationship, but sometimes her attitude makes me feel distant and lonely. I don't know what the solution is to this. I really care about her, and I can't imagine day to day life without her.

I don't know if arguing several times a week is normal or not. This is my first real relationship. Any advice would be appreciated.