1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to people more

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bubbles123, Jun 5, 2016.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So when I say talk to people, I mean in a more deep, meaningful way than just chit chat. I've had one really good friend in my life that I've felt comfortable having really deep conversations with and talking about my personal feelings. But I'm just beginning to figure out how to build relationships like this.
    I kind of have a hard time socially, especially when it comes to deepening friendships/relationships. I have many friends and acquaintances that I would like to have deep conversations with about various things, but I just don't know how to initiate that, or get to a point where it wouldn't be weird to suddenly bring up serious or deep topics.

Any advice on how I could go about that?

One example is I know this girl who is beginning to question her religion and such, much like I have and I'd like to talk with her and share experiences about it. I'm going on a camping trip with her and other friends soon, but I'm not sure how I would initiate that conversation in a non-awkward way.

Thanks in advance!(*hug*)

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, I know how you feel. Forget getting friend zoned, I get acquaintance zoned at the all :lol:

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Haha that pretty much sums it up!

4. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always had this problem too, but this past year I've started conversation with acquaintances by talking about something small and not particularly deep, and then just moving onto better topics as the conversation progresses. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    [YOUTUBE]WDbxqM4Oy1Y[/YOUTUBE]

^tip for a video. Haven't watched it yet, but I will.

wish I could give you good advice, but I'm not that good at that myself, so... (*hug*)

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thank you everyone!! <3