1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KentaWolf, Jun 6, 2016.

1. KentaWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, i'm new here so this is my first post but i already looked a lot at this forum and i see a lot of nice people ready to help so here i go ^_^.

So i'm 19, i'm gay and in a great relationship, seems ok for now.
    My family is aware of all of that and let's say its getting more and more clear to me what they really think about me.
    So i told them like 6 months ago and they told me that they accepted it, but lately i've had the feeling that they don't really accept it at all, i knew they always were realllllllly homophobic but i thought it would change for me...
    So i'm kinda into the girly things, but was always scared to wear girly accessories or clothes, and i just told my parents i liked it and that i hope they would understand.
    But my parents said it was too much, that being gay was already hard to accept and that to them its not normal at all, then they said that accepting the way i look is hard too, cause to them i look like an "emo fag".
    So here i am, i don't know what to do cause i had trouble accepting myself and now my own family is restraining me to be myself, and i just learned that if i tried to wear eyeliner or black fingernails they would kick me instantly of the house.

So yes i know that there is far worst and some people get beaten, kicked of the house instantly or even worst but i feel like this is gonna happen to me soon and i'm tired of not being myself so i'm planning to do it even if they kick me out but i'm also scared of what they can do.... i'm kinda lost and i don't really know what i can do...

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moving out at 19 can be hard, really hard if you want to go to college. I really dont understand how a parent could talk to their child like that.

It's really hard to say what might be best, because living with people that don't accept you is not healthy, but at the same time moving out at a young age could mess up your future in a major way. You know your life better than anyone else so its a decision that you have to make.

3. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be yourself but be prepared see if anyone of your friends maybe couls use a roomate to help maybe with rent or something, take precautions but don't let them squash who you are!

4. KentaWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your answer and yes i will get in deep trouble with my life if i do that but there is a part of me that wants to fuck everything up and another that wants to just try to resist until i can do it when i'm in my own life.

I will try to go for the second one but its so hard to not be myself with everyone and having to hide all of that.

5. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya try to stick to the second choice, it might suck right now but in a few years you will be on your own and can live exactly how you want.

Good luck.

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your family were to kick you out today where would you go ? What would you do and could you afford it? Like do you have a job, a minimum source of revenue, help from the government you could get or would you be homeless ?

You may want to consider that before taking the decision to put yourself in a precarious situation. Not being able to be yourself and not getting the support you deserve from your family sucks but it may be worth it to put up with it for now until you can move out on your own and start a proper life.

I am sorry your parents aren't supportive and I hope they'll get over their homophobia.

Good luck !(*hug*)

7. KentaWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yeah i know the second choice is the best but if i ever get kicked i have someone that could take me with him for a while maybe a year or two i don't really know, and i have a job but its actually my dad's one so i'll try to make the more money i can before i leave, but don't worry if i ever get kicked i won't be in the street ^_^ and thank you for all the support <3 it means a lot and even if i know my family won't get over their hate for what i am at least i hope everything will be better when i'm gone from this shitty place lmao