1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating woes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FuelsMySong, Jun 7, 2016.

1. FuelsMySong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I started an online dating profile to get over someone who I can't have...

And I wanted to avoid people looking for 3somes, so I made one profile to look for men and one for women. The one with men was pretty good, I got about 230 messages. However, the one with women, I found that I only got 2 messages and the rest I had to initiate myself. Am I more attractive to men than women or are men just more horny? LOL.

Anyway, the person I'm trying to get over is a woman so idk if I can get over them by dating a guy.

Have any bisexual people experienced something similar? I'm now questioning my looks or my personality and why I'm not able to "catch" a woman.

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure have. ALL my mutual matches seem to be men. Which is even more staggering considering the number of women that appear is far higher than that of men...it is what it is though.

3. KayJay

I think there is just this culture on dating sites where men feel they are initiators and because that's the case most women just wait for messages. I even got a taste of it first hand. I briefly tried online dating before I came out. I basically got no messages from anyone. After I transitioned I received quite a lot of messages. Mostly from men and only a few women. That's all just my personal experience, I'm not really sure of any proper statistics.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, there are gender norms that say men pursue women and are more horny, even if that's not biological reality. Still, don't feel bad about initiating because there is little risk online besides getting ignored. While it may feel awkward to approach someone in real life like that; online interactions give some space to make it less awkward.

Also, maybe you should take a break from dating if you're doing it only to get over a crush/love. Being single can help you reevaluate what you are doing. You are in control of your happiness, and self-improvement while single will only make you a better potential partner when dating.

5. ashleysummer

ashleysummer Guest

Everyone, who is on the online dating stage, has experienced that feeling at least once. Nevertheless, online dating worked great for me and I met my soulmate via www.asiandate.com service. We both were for serious relationships there.